Question about Japanese Shihan

OP
R

RoninX

Orange Belt
Reaction score
That's what you get for basing assumptions on video ;)..same point can be applied to yhe Ed Lomax thread ;)

Do you know me? Oh, sorry! Just because i said Ed Lomax hasn´t the best Taijutsu that i´ve ever seen, you assumed that i only know him from videos. Well, sorry, but you´re wrong.

And about my assumptions on the Shihan´s grade, i don´t think there´s anything wrong with conecting their patch with their rank, since the patch, almost always, represents the rank of someone. But, i´m sorry for not being so insightful as you.

Btw, there are A LOT more weastern Shihan that i think that are much, much better than Ed Lomax. I respect Ed Lomax, but i don´t really see him as a big deal. I also respect you for not thinking the same why i do. I´m sorry that you can´t do the same.

Kiss***

unitedwestand

White Belt
Reaction score
RoninX,

May I please ask of you to nominate whom you think has better Taijutsu in Australia if any, than Ed.

Not to start a debate but I love diversity of opinion.

Cheers

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
My personal feelings for Ed and others aside, I would personally look to someone like Tim Bathurst for a great example of the Bujinkan approach. The Jarvis' also are great examples, and Darren Horvath is always interesting to watch (in a similar vein to Nagato Sensei) as he coul obviously power his way through everything, but still has a great deal of finesse and a lack of undue effort to his movements.

unitedwestand

White Belt
Reaction score
Chris,

Thanks for your integrity and honest answer.

Who do you train with or did you train with? Craig Guest?

The Jarvis brothers, well Andrew I have seen more of, what can I say? WOW! This guy I think hardly anyone knows of outside of WA and even in WA outside of the Bujinkan circle but this guy is great. IMHO he would easily be up there and superior to heaps of the higher dan exponents (I understand rank is only so important if at all). My point being he is an animal :ultracool Real skilled guy. Andrew Netes is also very good, so relaxed.

Tim is wonderful, Darren I have not seen as much but yes, the guy is big and seemed to move smooth.

I wonder where the Jarvis' are now and if they still train (who under or with) and teach?

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am an instructor under Sensei Wayne Roy, having joined his organsation in 1993, when we were still part of the Bujinkan (hence my ability to answer your history question... and yes, Stephen, it was Nagato. When Nagato accompanied Hatsumi Sensei out here for the first Australian Tai Kai, he used Sensei Roy as uke for the most part, the first thing Nagato Sensei said to Mr Roy was "Well Roy-san, it's been a long time... now, punch!"). I earned my Shodan while still in the Bujinkan, my later grade after we split. To give an idea, though, as I said in the other thread, Sensei Roy stopped at Rokudan, so Godan is as high as we go under him. I am currently a Sandan.

For more details, see the website in my signature.

unitedwestand

White Belt
Reaction score
Actually tengu, can u tell me cost per class, also if Andrew does private tuition, if so, $ per hour per person pls. Thanks :)

Latest Discussions