Does your WC incorporate sweeps, trips and throws?

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I do wing chun. I don't have to turn my back to throw someone . Lot more striking in wing chun than throwing
but in close body work if the alignment for a strike isn't there but the throwing opportunity is there with a chum kiu or biu jee motion
I can take it.

In agreement. However, "IF" within the dynamics of movement, the opponent happen to be at my back within biu jee a throw is available. It is not something I want to do, it is not something I would go looking for but "IF" it were there I would use a throw or a takedown with my back to the opponent.

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
In agreement. However, "IF" within the dynamics of movement, the opponent happen to be at my back within biu jee a throw is available. It is not something I want to do, it is not something I would go looking for but "IF" it were there I would use a throw or a takedown with my back to the opponent.
-------------------------------

yup

VT_Vectis

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Due to his time Taiwanese Army/Special Forces, Sifu Lo Man Kam's teachings involve a lot of throws , takedowns,and sweeps derived from chin na and possibly judo in his VT, from what I gather from the net and WC illustrated magazine, not had the opportunity to see it for myself but would like to study it when I head to New Zealand to compare with WSL method.

Any one have first hand experience?

Latest Discussions