Promotion today

Greg King

Green Belt
Reaction score
Going for blue today (5th kup)lots of one step sparring and grappling( judo....jiu-jitsu stuff),head lock escapes and passing the guard and getting out of the mount position ....o-soto gari....o-goshi-.....kesa gatame....Whew!!!. Also collar grabs and the like .Gonna be a long day :ultracool

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greg you will do great and have a wonderful time at it. Let us know how it went.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great. Let us know how it goes. :asian:

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sounds like you are training some great stuff! :)

I hope it goes/went well for ya!

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It must be testing season! :lol:

Good Luck, I'm sure you'll be fine. I just tested myself last night, and it went easier than I expected, even though I wasn't as sharp as I would have hoped.

Let us know what happens!

jim

OP
Greg King

Greg King

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sorry it took a couple of days to post ....we have been working very hard with my son prepping him for 1st dan test on 05-05-07.The test went great, i am now a 5th Kup along with my wife. I did blank out on my shoulder grabs ...i could only remember two.They did the test a little different this time...they turned us around facing south in the dojang rather than facing east and a couple of people lost track of where they were with forms as far as direction goes... kind of interesting i thought:)

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry it took a couple of days to post ....we have been working very hard with my son prepping him for 1st dan test on 05-05-07.
He'll be fine. Always good to feel prepared, tho'. :)

The test went great, i am now a 5th Kup along with my wife. I did blank out on my shoulder grabs ...i could only remember two.They did the test a little different this time...they turned us around facing south in the dojang rather than facing east and a couple of people lost track of where they were with forms as far as direction goes... kind of interesting i thought:)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :partyon:

Funny how facing different directions, having to avoid others punches as you all do a form facing the middle of a circle, and such other change ups can really make us think. But later we often realize how much we learned from it, and see things from new perspectives. Anyway, way to go! :)

JWLuiza

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry it took a couple of days to post ....we have been working very hard with my son prepping him for 1st dan test on 05-05-07.The test went great, i am now a 5th Kup along with my wife. I did blank out on my shoulder grabs ...i could only remember two.They did the test a little different this time...they turned us around facing south in the dojang rather than facing east and a couple of people lost track of where they were with forms as far as direction goes... kind of interesting i thought:)

Funny how they do that sometimes :) My very first test, I skipped a belt and I'm convinced that part of it was because I was able to make sure I didn't get lost when the BB running the test threw a few new things into the mix. In my case it was doing basic motion stepping backwards... Blew my mind as a white belt!

When you practice your forms, try facing in different directions including corners of the room, so you disassociate which wall you are facing from the form.

Good luck on the next gup test!

Latest Discussions