Primeval

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ever since it was first shown I have been a big fan of the Primeval series. As always seems to be the case with sci-fi/fantasy, it didn't get the support and attention it deserved, even despite the expense of making it. But, after teetering on the brink of being cancelled time and again, it got to season four and, having had seasons three and four for christmas I have been busy catching up :D.

There seemed to be an awful jump between the end of season three and the beginning of season four and I have finally found out that there was a series of short webisodes that were made that fill in the blanks, so to speak.

Here's a link to those webisodes for anyone who, like me, has watched the series but wasn't aware of this little extra strand to the story.

http://blastr.com/2010/12/5-webisodes-you-should-watch-before-seeing-primeval-season-4.php

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We tried a couple of eps. but though we're the target audience it just didn't grab us, I'm afraid!

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's a shame, Arni. Despite all the chopping about because of funding and actors moving on, it really is a good story. It's an 'arc', with each episode adding parts and details to the plots and, mostly, avoiding the need for 'subtitles for the hard of thinking'. The first season took a while to get into it's stride and it was a bit 'monster of the week' (like X Files went for a time) but it grew on me.

There is a season five, thank goodness given the way that season four left me hanging :lol:.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When they showed it over here (SyFy channel, as I recall), I think it jumped around a bit or maybe I just missed a few episodes, 'cause I kind of felt thrown into the middle without any explanation or set up. Seemed like an idea that had promise, just had trouble hooking me.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I liked season one and part of two. They took a too large of a left turn and I just did not like it as much. Add in that the time for the show changed, I dropped it from my rotation. I did like ti up front. Good premise. Good actors.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I watched some Primeval and liked it. Doesnt grip me like a sci-fi show should though. I can say the same thing for Dr Who, but that tends to be more fun.\

Brit sci-fi/fantasy shows are always worth a look. The high frame rate on brit shows makes for a real nice picture and they always have good looking creatures.

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It would seem that a Canadian company has taken the Primeval ball and is trying to run with it:

http://uktv.co.uk/watch/homepage/sid/9405

I have no idea about the quality of this show and if they will try to tie it in with the original at all (given the premise of the set-up, maybe not, which is a shame).

Latest Discussions