Predator Armour For Use In IRT Scenario Based Training!

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like Tony Blauer's high gear armor. It is really effective for what it does. It will allow you to train very realistically and get less banged up. What it does not do is allow you to go full contact full force like the Predator Armour. You simply cannot take the same level of shots to your groin, body and head neck area. That is where the Predator Armour is the best I have seen. When I was last in the Predator Armour my oldest son wanted to see what it would be like if he hit me full force with a palm heel strike. I did not feel a thing. So from a full force striking aspect the Predator Armour is great. Particularly in Scenario Based Training. You can utilize verbal and visual cues to really get the student/practitioner adrenalized and then they can react just like you trained them to do. It is pretty cool!

rlobrecht

Brown Belt
Reaction score
And here I was hoping to read an article about some fantastic new research about stealth armor like that from the Predator movies.

SENC-33

Green Belt
Reaction score
If you can afford this gear it is well worth it especially if you train women and people in general who have an initial fear of contact. I have some body shields I use from time to time but I mainly utilize hand shields and teaching those training with me to hold them correctly, move them correctly and to hold them close to their face without fear of being struck. I train people to strike in the correct plane if at all possible

Latest Discussions