Power of a Punch

OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
++-we had a conversation, we talked about fire and telephones, at the very least your now better informed on these topic, so you got some benefit, my benefit was i like helping people with their knowledge base. so its win win

though it would be nice if you acknowledged the help ive given you, unless ive misjudge you and you just wanted to be badly informed

there are people like that

You condescending to everyone is neither help, nor a conversation. It's just trolling.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You condescending to everyone is neither help, nor a conversation. It's just trolling.

its like your deliberately setting your self up, it must just be a talent you have

condescending means to deliberately bring yourself down to the level of anthers intellect

as ive not even attempted to descend to your level, i think the word you were looking for is patronising

OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
its like your deliberately setting your self up, it must just be a talent you have

condescending means to deliberately bring yourself down to the level of anthers intellect

as ive not even attempted to descend to your level, i think the word you were looking for is patronising

It's* (capitalize the I, add the apostrophe)
you're* (it's a conjunction, not the possessive)
yourself* (one word)
up;* (those are two separate thoughts, you could use a separate sentence or a semi-colon)
have.* (end the sentence on a period)
Condescending* (capitalize the word, since it is the start of the new sentence. It should be in italics, since you're defining the word).
another's* (add the o, add the apostrophe to make it possessive)
intellect.* (end the sentence on a period)
As* (capitalize the word, since it is the start of a new sentence)
I've* (capitalize I, add the appostrophe)
I* (capitalize I)
patronizing.* (spelled with a z instead of an s. End the sentence on a period. It should be in italics, since you're defining the word through the context of the sentence).
Also, these are all single sentences. They could be in one paragraph.

This leaves us with: It's like you're deliberately setting yourself up; it must be a talent you have. Condescending means to deliberately bring yourself down to the level of another's intellect. As I've not even attempted to descend to your level, I think the word you were looking for is patronizing."

With that said, here's the definitions I found for condescending:
  • Adjective: having or showing a feeling of patronizing superiority.
  • Verb: show feelings of superiority; be patronizing
  • Verb: do something in a haughty way, as though it is below one's dignity or level of importance.
So while you are correct that it can mean to lower yourself to someone else, it can also mean patronizing, which is what I intended it to mean. This means I didn't set myself up (deliberately or otherwise). You found a nit to pick, and yet the nit was wrongly picked. The funny thing is, you said you're not descending to my level. Yet, I used the word correctly, and you failed to recognize a correct definition of the word. In my book, that puts me above your level.

And if you don't like what I have to say, remember. I'm only trying to help. We just had a conversation about grammar. I hope you like it. I hope you learned something from it.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
the miracle of video, is it records what you point the camera at,, cool init

if you put your training up i can see it, you invite comments
i comment
you get defensive

im mostly trying to help you, the rest of the time im trying to help others who might think you are doing it right.
Again I have not posted any of my training videos in this thread, so y
I was looking into a Malaysian Silat sight a couple of days ago as they use the Sai (which they call tekpi) in a way much different than the Okinawan style I know - Fascinating!

Anyway, I came across a reference to "spear arm" and "shield arm" (they do use weapons, but in this case the reference was to empty hand techniques). It sounds like one arm for defense and one for offense, but not sure what it really is, or what yours is. Interesting I have not heard of these terms as such, and now I hear of it twice in two days. How do you define it?
How close was my description to what you read?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's* (capitalize the I, add the apostrophe)
you're* (it's a conjunction, not the possessive)
yourself* (one word)
up;* (those are two separate thoughts, you could use a separate sentence or a semi-colon)
have.* (end the sentence on a period)
Condescending* (capitalize the word, since it is the start of the new sentence. It should be in italics, since you're defining the word).
another's* (add the o, add the apostrophe to make it possessive)
intellect.* (end the sentence on a period)
As* (capitalize the word, since it is the start of a new sentence)
I've* (capitalize I, add the appostrophe)
I* (capitalize I)
patronizing.* (spelled with a z instead of an s. End the sentence on a period. It should be in italics, since you're defining the word through the context of the sentence).
Also, these are all single sentences. They could be in one paragraph.

This leaves us with: It's like you're deliberately setting yourself up; it must be a talent you have. Condescending means to deliberately bring yourself down to the level of another's intellect. As I've not even attempted to descend to your level, I think the word you were looking for is patronizing."

With that said, here's the definitions I found for condescending:
  • Adjective: having or showing a feeling of patronizing superiority.
  • Verb: show feelings of superiority; be patronizing
  • Verb: do something in a haughty way, as though it is below one's dignity or level of importance.
So while you are correct that it can mean to lower yourself to someone else, it can also mean patronizing, which is what I intended it to mean. This means I didn't set myself up (deliberately or otherwise). You found a nit to pick, and yet the nit was wrongly picked. The funny thing is, you said you're not descending to my level. Yet, I used the word correctly, and you failed to recognize a correct definition of the word. In my book, that puts me above your level.

And if you don't like what I have to say, remember. I'm only trying to help. We just had a conversation about grammar. I hope you like it. I hope you learned something from it.
but its just more of the same, patronising is spelt with an S in the UK, you didnt know we have different spellings did YOU ?

Last edited:
OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
but its just more of the same, patronising is spelt with an S in the UK, you didnt know we have different spellings did YOU ?

But*
it's*
same. Patronising*
UK. You*
didn't*
spellings, did*

Please either stop nitpicking everyone else, or stop making it so easy to nitpicl your posts. I don't even have to respond to what you say. Your posts are so rife with grammatical errors, you really have no base to stand on when trying to correct other's English.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
But*
it's*
same. Patronising*
UK. You*
didn't*
spellings, did*

Please either stop nitpicking everyone else, or stop making it so easy to nitpicl your posts. I don't even have to respond to what you say. Your posts are so rife with grammatical errors, you really have no base to stand on when trying to correct other's English.
im not slightly bother by you pointing out my gramatical errors, really its funny how much effort your putting in .

your clearly a bit bothered by my pointing out that the list of things you dont know is astoundlingly long

maybe we should just call it a draw and agree im dylexic and your educationaly challenged

Last edited:

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
But*
it's*
same. Patronising*
UK. You*
didn't*
spellings, did*

nb you seem to be insisting i put full stops where it is more apropriate to use commas and comma where non are needed

just saying

OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
nb you seem to be insisting i put full stops where it is more apropriate to use commas and comma where non are needed

just saying

No. I'm insisting you put the correct punctuation there. I take it back. I had assumed the bad grammar was your own choice, but it's becoming clearer and clear that you're not sure how to use it.

And I'm merely pointing out your hyprocisy. Which apparently you're too dense to see.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
No. I'm insisting you put the correct punctuation there. I take it back. I had assumed the bad grammar was your own choice, but it's becoming clearer and clear that you're not sure how to use it.

And I'm merely pointing out your hyprocisy. Which apparently you're too dense to see.
well im sorry but your now wrong about grammar, to add to your near endless list of things your wrong about, i was giving you credit, but it now seem misplaced

nb its considerd bad form to start a sentance with AND

dont let the grammar nazis catch you

Last edited:
OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
well im sorry but your now wrong about grammar, to add to your near endless list of things your wrong about, i was giving you credit, but it now seem misplaced

nb its considerd bad form to start a sentance with AND

dont let the grammar nazis catch you
More hipcrosy. More errors. More untruths or inaccuracies (take your pick). I have not a single reason to believe anything you say, or take anything you say seriously. These things are also easily fixable; the fact you don't bother to speaks volumes.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
More hipcrosy. More errors. More untruths or inaccuracies (take your pick). I have not a single reason to believe anything you say, or take anything you say seriously. These things are also easily fixable; the fact you don't bother to speaks volumes.
but you were wrong to start a sentance with And, which is funny in a diatribe about grammer, come on even you must think thats funny

nb, you dont use a comma before an or, its one or the other

nnb, youve mispelt hypocrisy

Last edited:
OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
but you were wrong to start a sentance with And, which is funny in a diatribe about grammer, come on even you must think thats funny

nb, you dont use a comma before an or, its one or the other

nnb, youve mispelt hypocrisy

The rules regarding commas before an "or" are more nuanced than apparently you understand.

Still you continue to point out minor errors in my post (half of which are false positives), when your own posts continue to be riddled with them. Do you honestly not know how badly written your posts are?

You love to correct people on their English, so you must have some idea of how horrible your writing is. So which kind of hypocrite are you? Too lazy to follow your own advice, or do you not actually know how to follow your own advice?

I might take you seriously if either:
A) Your posts were well-written in correct grammar.
B) You didn't nitpick everyone else on their English, and/or if you were more correct than incorrect about those nitpicks.

As it is, I understand that most of what you say is wrong. That which is right gets lost for two reasons:
  1. Most of what you say is wrong, so when something is right, it loses credibility.
  2. Most of your "corrections" are unnecessary, not asked for, and off topic. It doesn't help the discussion at all, they aren't welcome, and you just come across as an ***.
And there is no rule about starting a sentence with "and". It's not considered proper, but it's not a hard rule like capitalizing the first letter of a sentence, which is something you refuse to do. I have to assume it's on purpose, because every browser I have automatically does that for you.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The rules regarding commas before an "or" are more nuanced than apparently you understand.

Still you continue to point out minor errors in my post (half of which are false positives), when your own posts continue to be riddled with them. Do you honestly not know how badly written your posts are?

You love to correct people on their English, so you must have some idea of how horrible your writing is. So which kind of hypocrite are you? Too lazy to follow your own advice, or do you not actually know how to follow your own advice?

I might take you seriously if either:
A) Your posts were well-written in correct grammar.
B) You didn't nitpick everyone else on their English, and/or if you were more correct than incorrect about those nitpicks.

As it is, I understand that most of what you say is wrong. That which is right gets lost for two reasons:
  1. Most of what you say is wrong, so when something is right, it loses credibility.
  2. Most of your "corrections" are unnecessary, not asked for, and off topic. It doesn't help the discussion at all, they aren't welcome, and you just come across as an ***.
And there is no rule about starting a sentence with "and". It's not considered proper, but it's not a hard rule like capitalizing the first letter of a sentence, which is something you refuse to do. I have to assume it's on purpose, because every browser I have automatically does that for you.
well there no hard rules at all with grammar, non, unlike with facts that are required to be facual,

the rule for starting a sentance with and is just as hard as any other and no you cant put a comma before an or, it not nuanced, its just wrong

i seldom correct people on their english, frequently on their facts, but your special, your like a wind up toy

Last edited:
OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
well there no hard rules at all with grammar, non, unlike with facts that are required to be facual,

the rule for starting a sentance with and is just as hard as any other and no you cant put a comma before an or, it not nuanced, its just wrong

i seldom correct people on their english, frequently on their facts, but your special, your like a wind up toy

Everything you said in this post is wrong.

Latest Discussions