Power of a Punch

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
im not sure i criticised it so much as mocked it and asked if it wouldn't be a good idea to test it before you passed it on to others who may have mistaken you for a man who tests his concepts before getting money for them
Criticized or mocked doesn't matter. None of that changes the fact that you don't know anything about it.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This answers my question I asked earlier:

"At this point, I have to ask: are you incapable of having an actual conversation, or are you just an ***?"
Not capable. He just came out and said that he "mocked it." So that's the answer that I'm going with from now own and start responding according to what he has admitted to.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Firehawks. Wow. I mean...just...wow.

I do hope the researchers succeed in verifying that as an intentional behavior. Besides, it's always nice to know that there is other intelligent animal life on the planet. Humans have been disappointing in that regard of late. At least where I live.
It's not just where you live. Humans in general have been hitting low bar pretty good lately.

isshinryuronin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
"Shield and Spear" concept is not taught by anyone else but me.
I was looking into a Malaysian Silat sight a couple of days ago as they use the Sai (which they call tekpi) in a way much different than the Okinawan style I know - Fascinating!

Anyway, I came across a reference to "spear arm" and "shield arm" (they do use weapons, but in this case the reference was to empty hand techniques). It sounds like one arm for defense and one for offense, but not sure what it really is, or what yours is. Interesting I have not heard of these terms as such, and now I hear of it twice in two days. How do you define it?

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I was looking into a Malaysian Silat sight a couple of days ago as they use the Sai (which they call tekpi) in a way much different than the Okinawan style I know - Fascinating!

Anyway, I came across a reference to "spear arm" and "shield arm" (they do use weapons, but in this case the reference was to empty hand techniques). It sounds like one arm for defense and one for offense, but not sure what it really is, or what yours is. Interesting I have not heard of these terms as such, and now I hear of it twice in two days. How do you define it?
Typing a PM for you now.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
images.jpeg-10.jpg

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Anyway, I came across a reference to "spear arm" and "shield arm" (they do use weapons, but in this case the reference was to empty hand techniques). It sounds like one arm for defense and one for offense
Don't think of it as defense and office. I could just as easily smash someone in the face with a shield, depending on what type it is. I can smother with a shield as well. If I use a shield to defend against your attack then I'm defending. If I use a shield to attack then I'm attacking. This is the same with empty hand techniques. I didn't know about Silat so I looked for a Silat shield and found this.

This should look similar to what I shared with you. The weapon "shield and spear" should have similar concepts. Once you understand those then you'll see similar concepts in empty hand techniques. Based on the picture below, it looks as if I discovered a concept that has been around for a long time without realizing it. So my concept isn't unique. I just went through a similar understanding that I learned through training that brought me to the same conclusion.

I'm still calling it "shield and spear" concept lol. it's an accurate description and quick way to tie in so many things.
burunei.png

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I could just as easily smash someone in the face with a shield,
Agree with you 100% there.

When your opponent punches at you, if you use your circular punch to meet his straight punch, not only your circular punch can knock down his straight punch, your circular punch can also hit his head after that.

If you move your stiff

- left arm in a clockwise circle, and
- right arm in a counter-clockwise circle,

you can control the space in front of your head. No punch can pass through that strong defense. I don't know why this concept is not used in many MA systems at all.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This answers my question I asked earlier:

"At this point, I have to ask: are you incapable of having an actual conversation, or are you just an ***?"
++-we had a conversation, we talked about fire and telephones, at the very least your now better informed on these topic, so you got some benefit, my benefit was i like helping people with their knowledge base. so its win win

though it would be nice if you acknowledged the help ive given you, unless ive misjudge you and you just wanted to be badly informed

there are people like that

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Agree with you 100% there.

When your opponent punches at you, if you use your circular punch to meet his straight punch, not only your circular punch can knock down his straight punch, your circular punch can also hit his head after that.

If you move your stiff

- left arm in a clockwise circle, and
- right arm in a counter-clockwise circle,

you can control the space in front of your head. No punch can pass through that strong defense. I don't know why this concept is not used in many MA systems at all.
A lot of the old ways on how to do things were forgotten in part or entirely. Not everyone trains to fight which means the form may be passed on but the application isn't

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not capable. He just came out and said that he "mocked it." So that's the answer that I'm going with from now own and start responding according to what he has admitted to.
Some times a bit of gentle mockery is the kindest thing you can do for people who are being cooky, it what a good friend will do to let you know, your being a bit odd,

I stop wearing a very exspensive,shirt afyer my friend spent all evening mocking it, clearly not a good look, a good friend tells you if you look a ****

The most dangerous thing on earth is to issolate your self from criticism or mockery, in echo chamber of like minds, or sycophants or people who are equally clueless and that unfortunely is where a lot of the internet ends up, tell a flat earthet he is insane and there another twenty of them that will tell him he is correct,,

Then some how convinced themsrlbrs its the rest of the wprld who is wrong

Now before scribs jumpes on me,, yes once in every 20 billion instances, the indevidial is right and the rest wrong,, but if you thing that applies to you your putting yoursrlf the company of the greatest minds that ever lived

Last edited:

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A lot of the old ways on how to do things were forgotten in part or entirely. Not everyone trains to fight which means the form may be passed on but the application isn't
My theory is if I see a missile that's flying toward my head, I want to sent out my anti-missile system to shoot it down.

Why should I be afraid of an incoming punch? My arms can be as strong as my opponent's arms, and my speed can be as fast as my opponent's speed.

Here is my example of anti-missile system. These double circles can be used for both offense and defense.

- Use stiff arm to cover long range.
- Use double circles to cover space.

Offense:

double-spears.gif

Defense:

double-spers-1.gif

Last edited:

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Some times a bit of gentle mockery is the kindest thing you can do for people who are being cooky, it what a good friend will do to let you know, your being a bit odd,
None of my friends mock me. None of them think I'm cooky. If I say something that they don't understand or they think I'm wrong then they just ask me to explain what I'm saying. If they understand after I explain then they will either say that I'm wrong and will correct me or they will agree with me.

but if you thing that applies to you your putting yoursrlf the company of the greatest minds that ever lived
Again you making assumptions about me. I've never even brought up anything about the "greatest minds that ever lived" That's not how I view the world. Me knowing something that very few other's don't know doesn't make me a great mind. It just makes me someone that knows what very few know.

People can be great within their own rights without being "The greatest mind that ever lived". Few people rarely think about stuff like that and even fewer even set that as a goal. You keep talking to people as if they see the world in the same light that you do and they don't.

yes once in every 20 billion instances, the indevidial is right and the rest wrong
None of this factored into my "Shield and Spear" concept. It wasn't about me being right and everyone else being wrong. That's how you view the world. For me, it was about my understanding in martial arts and what I saw with my own eyes through training. You were the one who make it a right or wrong issue. Just like when I post my videos of me Sharing my training. I don't post those videos to be right or wrong. I post those videos because I want to share may training. But like most of the times. You make it about something that it isn't.

I get that you like to debate, but everyone isn't into debating like that.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My theory is if I see a missile that's flying toward my head, I want to sent out my anti-missile system to shoot it down.

Why should I be afraid of an incoming punch? My arms can be as strong as my opponent's arms, and my speed can be as fast as my opponent's speed.

Here is my example of anti-missile system. These double circles can be used for both offense and defense.

- Use stiff arm to cover long range.
- Use double circles to cover space.

double-spears.gif
I have that same move in one of my sparring videos. I like it because I can either exit left or right of his attack.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
None of my friends mock me. None of them think I'm cooky. If I say something that they don't understand or they think I'm wrong then they just ask me to explain what I'm saying. If they understand after I explain then they will either say that I'm wrong and will correct me or they will agree with me.

Again you making assumptions about me. I've never even brought up anything about the "greatest minds that ever lived" That's not how I view the world. Me knowing something that very few other's don't know doesn't make me a great mind. It just makes me someone that knows what very few know.

People can be great within their own rights without being "The greatest mind that ever lived". Few people rarely think about stuff like that and even fewer even set that as a goal. You keep talking to people as if they see the world in the same light that you do and they don't.

None of this factored into my "Shield and Spear" concept. It wasn't about me being right and everyone else being wrong. That's how you view the world. For me, it was about my understanding in martial arts and what I saw with my own eyes through training. You were the one who make it a right or wrong issue. Just like when I post my videos of me Sharing my training. I don't post those videos to be right or wrong. I post those videos because I want to share may training. But like most of the times. You make it about something that it isn't.

I get that you like to debate, but everyone isn't into debating like that.
well you need better friends, they must be mocking you behind your back, coz that is cooky

you put vids up and invite comments and as soon as your getting other than praise and admiration you get all defensive

now you have your constitutional right to be cooky, i have mine to point out cookyness when i see it

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
well you need better friends, they must be mocking you behind your back, coz that is cooky
Again you are talking about something you don't know anything about.

you put vids up and invite comments and as soon as your getting other than praise and admiration you get all defensive
What video of myself have I posted in this thread?

It's so rare that you comment on my training videos and when you do, you have no idea of what you are talking about because it's not your training. It's my training. It's not training that you do. It's training that I do.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Again you are talking about something you don't know anything about.

What video of myself have I posted in this thread?

It's so rare that you comment on my training videos and when you do, you have no idea of what you are talking about because it's not your training. It's my training. It's not training that you do. It's training that I do.
the miracle of video, is it records what you point the camera at,, cool init

if you put your training up i can see it, you invite comments
i comment
you get defensive

im mostly trying to help you, the rest of the time im trying to help others who might think you are doing it right.

Latest Discussions