Posture & Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuti car

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I care less to be agr

instead of keeping posting on Looking for Sergio in this forum.

It is well known that
Sergio is in Taiwan now meeting wcners and other style martial artists, check out his Facebook and contact him .

No point to keep posting here , we are not Sergio.
He is on Taiwan? Where ?

Kwan Sau

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Kudos to Zuti for making the attempt to meet up with these guys. I hope it works out. Would be interested in hearing the feedback after the meet up. I'd also like to meet up because a forum description of what HS does just isnt cutting it. Too much is lost in language and keyboard barriers. However, based on the names HS has mentioned, there is nobody near me. So, will be interested to hear what Zuti says.

zuti car

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Can you focus on the topic?

It doesn't matter what others option on me. And I care less.

You want yo know the facts.

Navin have gone through the sixteen hours of six core elements training, ask him how his skill compare With before the training.

Or even better, since you have claim to have lots of contact, fix Navin up with physics lab, pay for the expense for the force flow objective monitoring , and post the result.

It is even better if you can go to Taiwan university for the same experiment or post a video on how yourself perform. Keep talking on good opinion doesn't get to these solid facts.
My shirt still has buttons at front, not at back. Why would I do any of these things ? Simplest thing is to meet and compare skills, either you are better than me or not . I don't have a problem to admit if someone is better than me, there are people who practice much more than I do, have more knowledge and more experience and it is natural they are better. Now, you are saying you have some superior skill but you are not willing to test it against real opponent . I wonder why ? And opinion of Cho gar people matters , actually matters a lot , it is their art ,they know it the best and they know how much of their art other people learned .

JPinAZ

Blue Belt
Reaction score
What you are doing is not the beginning of the hydraulic mode, why should he mislead you or others in order to apease you. You think he can just "filling in the gaps" of what took him over 40 years of daily training to get to, it's not that simple, one have to go through his 6 core elements training process in order to fully grasp and understand it.

Huh, I'm confused..
Something that took Hendrik 40 years of daily training, but he also claims is something that can be taught/learned in only 16 hours?? LOL, either he's the worst WC student on the planet, or this '40 years' is exactly what it is: him piecing together what he openly admitted many times is as he views it, incomplete WC - using other kung fu styles to gather these 'lost bits' of information (ie - filling in the gaps).
How can he be training something for 40 years, where a lot of this information was only recently 'discovered' by him in the past 10-15?

Hendrik is the Grandmaster/gatekeeper of Cho Hung Choi's Yik Kam wing chun Branch, which is the oldest surviving linage of wing chun. you guys have no idea of the vast wealth of knowledge that he has, He should be respected and appreciated for what he shares on here instead of you bickering with him all the time.

First, is he the gate keeper of Cho Family? I remember several instances in the past where Cho family members did not endorse this claim, nor fully approve of his research 'findings'.

Also, why should he be so respected? If he is truly the lineage holder, why did he not get the full transmission of the system from his teacher and why did he have to research for so many years to fill in all of the missing gaps? (his claim)
You realize, this is saying Hendrik's seniors did not even know their whole system, yet somehow Hendrik, their junior, does? What is he the gatekeeper of if it's pretty obvious he didn't feel Cho family even had everything for their own lineage!!

Last edited:

kung fu fighter

Green Belt
Reaction score
Good idea!

Navin,
Can you describe to us what the sixteen hours of six core elements consisted of and how it impacted your skill?
*in order for your response to have weight, could you also tell us what your skills, training, etc was like before you received the 16 hours, etc?
Thank you.

Sure! the sixteen hours of 6 Core Elements consists of:

1. Physical Body (Joints, Muscle) Biomechanics

2. Mind (Thinking, Intention, Visualizations, Awareness)

3. Breathing (Lower Abdominal Breathing)

4. Qi (Grow, Flow, Bio-Mechanical Bio-Electrical)

5. Jin (Force Flow, Force Path, Action-Reaction Force)

6. Momentum (Movement Handling, Tendency of Movement)

*in order for your response to have weight, could you also tell us what your skills, training, etc was like before you received the 16 hours, etc?
Thank you.

After about 8 years into my Yip Man wing chun training, doing chi sao every day for hours with different training partners and experimenting with different energies. I started to experience a mental state every few months or so where every thing I did felt effortless and fluid to the point where I had complete control of my training partner's balance and could do anything I wanted to them at willI, I am in complete control of his balance/center of gravity and I am stuck to him like glue, I could read their minds before they physically moved. My training partner's whom had years of experience on me said they felt my center line was wide open, but when they attacked, they were sucked into something like a tornado and couldn't get out. On the days I was in this state everything felt effortless and fluid, then sometimes a few months might go by before I was able to experience it again. Basicly my ability was not stable to the point where I could not duplicate this ability at will. Intuitively I knew that there had to be more to wing chun than what was passed on by Yip Man because of this experience.This was the main driving force or desire which ignited my interest into researching the mainland wing chun linages to see what was already there instead of reinventing the wheel so to speak. After exploring several mainland branches of wing chun, I decided to delve deeper into kulo Pin Sun wing chun exclusively. I really liked the efficiency of how this system is taught as well as how they interpret and apply their concepts and principles. I also liked the coiling circular nature of their chi sao platforms done at different ranges since it complemented what I was already doing. during this time period of my training, my power generation bio-mechanics was very similar to what Keith demoed on his video with an emphasis on waist/kua power. at the time I was quite satisfied with this especially due to the fact I sparred with a few Pro MMA fighters at Randy couture' gym and none of them was able to take me down, they all said I had a really good base from a wrestling perspective but I was using my wck bio-mechanics not wrestling. When I met Hendrik, he explained alot of the key details that opened up a whole new world for me. Although the KLPSWC bio-mechanics I was previously using was powerful, it did not have the same effect on the opponent's center axis and balance as the force flow method. The best way to discribe it is that the KLPSWC bio-mechanics has a very powerful explosive effect, while the Force flow method has a very powerful implode effect.

Reactions: KPM

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Intuitively I knew that there had to be more to wing chun than what was passed on by Yip Man because of this experience.
To me, this is key: "... what was passed on by Yip Man ..." ... I've highlighted it in case anyone interprets Navin as saying that there was more to WC than what Yip Man knew.

Navin, would it be strictly accurate to say that you found that this experience led you to believe that there was more to WC than you had learned from Yip Man?

(Just treading carefully ...)

Kwan Sau

Purple Belt
Reaction score
To me, this is key: "... what was passed on by Yip Man ..." ... I've highlighted it in case anyone interprets Navin as saying that there was more to WC than what Yip Man knew.

Navin, would it be strictly accurate to say that you found that this experience led you to believe that there was more to WC than you had learned from Yip Man?

Is he saying he learned from yip man (?) or from one of his 1st or 2nd generation students (?)

kung fu fighter

Green Belt
Reaction score

Is he saying he learned from yip man (?) or from one of his 1st or 2nd generation students (?)

No, I did not learn directly from Yip Man, my sifus in the Yip Man Branch were Yip Man's 1st and 2nd generation students.

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
No, I did not learn directly from Yip Man, my sifus in the Yip Man Branch were Yip Man's 1st and 2nd generation students.
Ah, of course. So you were referring to the teachings that Yip Man passed on to his students, your sifus. Got it! :)

zuti car

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I want to apologize to anyone who felt threatened by my invitation to chi sao practice. It is definitely not a challenge , just a friendly invitation for some practice and skill comparison . If i really wanted to challenge someone i certainly wouldn't post that on public forum .

Reactions: KPM

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I want to apologize to anyone who felt threatened by my invitation to chi sao practice. It is definitely not a challenge , just a friendly invitation for some practice and skill comparison . If i really wanted to challenge someone i certainly wouldn't post that on public forum .
That's a good attitude to have. If you think that you are good, let's spar/wrestle for 15 rounds and see what the outcome may be (the luck may work in 3 rounds testing but won't work in 15 rounds testing). I still remember my teacher used to say, "If you think you are good, come and show me." It just seems to me that this kind of attitude is getting less and less popular in the 21rth century for no good reason.

Last edited:

Hendrik

Green Belt
Reaction score
I don't follow Sergio on FB

You ask for it, now you know where to contact him. He is in Taiwan.

For me, you seem always like to challenge but then back off when others get serious.

Navin offer you to Canada, and Sergio is in Taiwan or your backyard , Robert is in LA. .. So, feel free to visit them

Last edited:

Hendrik

Green Belt
Reaction score

You did posting challenge me in this forum didn't you? Lol

zuti car

Blue Belt
Reaction score
That's a good attitude to have. If you think that you are good, let's spar/wrestle for 15 rounds and see what the outcome may be (the luck may work in 3 rounds testing but won't work in 15 rounds testing). I still remember my teacher always said, "If you think you are good, come and show me." It just seems to me that this kind of attitude is getting less and less popular in the 21rth century.
That's the thing, people want to be recognized as masters , grandmasters , or whatever but they refuse to do even a friendly sparring where nothing besides ego can be hurt . Now , we have strange situation , some people say they have superior skill and knowledge, but when asked to demonstrate that prove their claims true ( in a safest possible way) they got scared and refuse to do it. Hendrik here is ready to do everything to avoid meeting people , even to put his followers between him and others. Now , that says a lot about him and his skill.

zuti car

Blue Belt
Reaction score
You did posting challenge me in this forum didn't you? Lol
No , if i wanted to challenge you i would just appear in front of your house , but i don't do such things, especially not to people incapable to defend themselves

zuti car

Blue Belt
Reaction score
You ask for it, now you know where to contact him. He is in Taiwan.

For me, you seem always like to challenge but then back off when others get serious.

Navin offer you to Canada, and Sergio is in Taiwan or your backyard , Robert is in LA. .. So, feel free to visit them
Now , i have to go Canada for couple of minutes chi sao? Really? You are putting others in front of you , why? Are you afraid ? you aren't afraid for them? Aren't they your students or friends? How come, if you consider me as threat , do not care about the safety of your students but deliberately directing me to them? This clearly shows what kind of person you are .Like i said , i don't follow sergio , nor other people on FB , just my friends and family , but i will check

Last edited:

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sure! the sixteen hours of 6 Core Elements consists of:

1. Physical Body (Joints, Muscle) Biomechanics

2. Mind (Thinking, Intention, Visualizations, Awareness)

3. Breathing (Lower Abdominal Breathing)

4. Qi (Grow, Flow, Bio-Mechanical Bio-Electrical)

5. Jin (Force Flow, Force Path, Action-Reaction Force)

6. Momentum (Movement Handling, Tendency of Movement)

After about 8 years into my Yip Man wing chun training, doing chi sao every day for hours with different training partners and experimenting with different energies. I started to experience a mental state every few months or so where every thing I did felt effortless and fluid to the point where I had complete control of my training partner's balance and could do anything I wanted to them at willI, I am in complete control of his balance/center of gravity and I am stuck to him like glue, I could read their minds before they physically moved. My training partner's whom had years of experience on me said they felt my center line was wide open, but when they attacked, they were sucked into something like a tornado and couldn't get out. On the days I was in this state everything felt effortless and fluid, then sometimes a few months might go by before I was able to experience it again. Basicly my ability was not stable to the point where I could not duplicate this ability at will. Intuitively I knew that there had to be more to wing chun than what was passed on by Yip Man because of this experience.This was the main driving force or desire which ignited my interest into researching the mainland wing chun linages to see what was already there instead of reinventing the wheel so to speak. After exploring several mainland branches of wing chun, I decided to delve deeper into kulo Pin Sun wing chun exclusively. I really liked the efficiency of how this system is taught as well as how they interpret and apply their concepts and principles. I also liked the coiling circular nature of their chi sao platforms done at different ranges since it complemented what I was already doing. during this time period of my training, my power generation bio-mechanics was very similar to what Keith demoed on his video with an emphasis on waist/kua power. at the time I was quite satisfied with this especially due to the fact I sparred with a few Pro MMA fighters at Randy couture' gym and none of them was able to take me down, they all said I had a really good base from a wrestling perspective but I was using my wck bio-mechanics not wrestling. When I met Hendrik, he explained alot of the key details that opened up a whole new world for me. Although the KLPSWC bio-mechanics I was previously using was powerful, it did not have the same effect on the opponent's center axis and balance as the force flow method. The best way to discribe it is that the KLPSWC bio-mechanics has a very powerful explosive effect, while the Force flow method has a very powerful implode effect.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My gosh. Where do I begin My comments are not directed at Navin as a person who I met once in Toronto( we did not chi sao). I did share briefly with him a wing chun defense against some one coming in low.. First I am glad that Navin thinks that his wing chun has improved and that he has learned something from Hendrik.

Of course Navin did not train with Ip Man.Navin's first teacher learned from a Moy Yat student who built a chain of schools in Canada. Further to the best of my knowledge Moy Yat did not do regular chi sao with Ip Man. Even his knowledge of the kwan it seems was based on Ip Man using chop sticks at a dim sum joint.I think that Navin's comment on Ip Man and his wing chun is based on very incomplete information.

Six core elements? They are variously stated and restated under different labels a s harmonies or equivalents in neijia arts. Videos list them often.
Again- ok to learn whatever from whoever-but it is silly to hold Ip Man responsible for ones own shortcomings.Good night folks

One of the problems is that since Ip Man died all kinds of claims to authority has grown like mushrooms specially via Youtube. Success has thousand fathers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions