Posting for the Post count

E

Elfan

Originally posted by arnisador
We do warn people for that and do delete posts for it but frankly I have had the same thought concerning many posts and indeed threads in The Locker Room especially. Yet, the belt ranks seem to encourage new members to post which helps them get acclimatized and active, and I think they're a good thing over all. As always, suggestion on this are welcome (perhaps in another thread).

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

I really don't see "posting for post count" to be a big problem. In other forums yes but not here. The stuf in the Locker Room and humor will by definition be "drivel" compared to the stuf in the art specifc forums. *If* it becomes a problem one thing that seems to work well is to get rid of the exact post count displayed with every post. Instead of saying "Elfan: 517 posts" or whatever have "Elfan: 500-550" posts.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My mind doesn't work well enough to post gratuitously so posting for the post count will not be a problem for me:D

respectfully,
theletch1

OP
R

Rob_Broad

Originally posted by Elfan
I really don't see "posting for post count" to be a big problem. In other forums yes but not here. The stuf in the Locker Room and humor will by definition be "drivel" compared to the stuf in the art specifc forums. *If* it becomes a problem one thing that seems to work well is to get rid of the exact post count displayed with every post. Instead of saying "Elfan: 517 posts" or whatever have "Elfan: 500-550" posts.

I like that word "drivel". I also agree that it is very easy to give a bunch of one or two word answers or put in just a smilie. Tonight I saw a comment that make me answer with just one sentence, sometimes less can speak volumes but most of the times less is just less.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Instead of saying "Elfan: 517 posts" or whatever have "Elfan: 500-550" posts.

I can do that... I've seen a few hacks that'll work...but at the moment, am holding off on too many moew 'tweaks' due to a new (and incompatable with the existing hacks) version of the software due out soon.

OP
S

sweeper

I realy don't care as long as I don't have to read it.. if people want their post count high and keep it in the locker room I don't see a problem, so I realy don't think how the posts count is shown is as much a problem as where people post.