Pliocene park

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm sure we will soon have the world famous Ice Age Zoo going as a major tourist attraction, but that won't be enough. Maybe we can resurrect, via some method, Clark, Asimov, Crichton - or xerox's of 'em - to witness the events.

But, beneath it all, it's the guilt, our guilt.... all those species we drove to extinction will rise from the dead as... what?

Moa's will run, passenger pigeons fly, mammoths lumber about..... and if they then kill off some other species, we will just recreate those, too.

But what happens when we use these scientific methods to atone for our worst racial murder of all time?..... How will we react when it is announced that a group has re-animated the Neanderthals?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It has to be borne in mind that the Neanderthal live on, genetically, in 'us'.

Interbreeding happened back then and altho' it has been theorised that 'we' wiped 'them' out in warfare and murder, it is equally plausibly argued that they simply were outcompeted and failed to adapt.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
It has to be born in mind that the Neanderthal live on, genetically, in 'us'.

Interbreeding happened back then and altho' it has been theorised that 'we' wiped 'them' out in warfare and murder, it is equally plausibly argued that they simply were outcompeted and failed to adapt.

They were incapable of lying-we were capable of deceipt. We won, but we cheated.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've been a while out of the profession wherein I used to be in touch with all manner of such researches - can you point me in the right direction of source material for that interesting theory Elder?

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
I've been a while out of the profession wherein I used to be in touch with all manner of such researches - can you point me in the right direction of source material for that interesting theory Elder?

Nope.

from elder999's profile

Bwahaha,ha-ha....ha... and all that..... :lfao:

(You could PM me, but you might not like the answer very much.....)

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
But what happens when we use these scientific methods to atone for our worst racial murder of all time?..... How will we react when it is announced that a group has re-animated the Neanderthals?

It has to be borne in mind that the Neanderthal live on, genetically, in 'us'.

They are trying to get the Neanderthal genome as well.

THAT'S IT, bring back the mammoth. Bring back the Neanderthal and let them hunt them out of existence again.

Let the Smilodon handle the Neanderthal and then…umm…. Oh well… were toast.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
rom elder999's profile

Bwahaha,ha-ha....ha... and all that..... :lfao:

(You could PM me, but you might not like the answer very much.....)

Maybe if you were to work on bringing the Smile-o-don back, you'd no longer be a mad scientist, but a glad scientist? :D