Picture of Demo Team Today

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
Below is a picture of earlier today at Arts in the Heart of Augusta.
If you notice the belts, that is me "stealing" the idea from Stickarts (Frank) here at MT. I love the idea of demo team belts. So many schools have cheapened the value of color belts to the public that this disguises the students' actual belt level and looks really good visually.

picture.php

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I couldn't see it either... maybe you have to be logged in to the service to see it? Anyway, I followed the link too - great looking group you have there!

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If you notice the belts, that is me "stealing" the idea from Stickarts (Frank) here at MT. I love the idea of demo team belts. So many schools have cheapened the value of color belts to the public that this disguises the students' actual belt level and looks really good visually.

picture.php

So.... I am guessing you put the whole team in the same belt, and one that is not in your system? Interesting idea, definitely makes more of a team feel and look. In the past we have done demos were no one wears a belt, but I like this idea more (I think the public expects to see belts)

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
LOL in many systems those are Master Belts, so they would all out rank you. :)

Great pic. and I like the idea of the demo team all haveing the same belt

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

picture.php

LOL! Great photo and I am glad that idea works for you!

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So.... I am guessing you put the whole team in the same belt, and one that is not in your system? Interesting idea, definitely makes more of a team feel and look. In the past we have done demos were no one wears a belt, but I like this idea more (I think the public expects to see belts)
Our demo team uniform is white with three inch red and blue striping across the chest and red white and blue piping on the sleaves, legs, an the collar/opening. Needless to say, only the white, blue, and red belts really go with the dobok. I'd like to see GM Kim use the idea of a non-system belt. Perhaps a red-white-blue belt? I have seen them.

In any case, AOG, great pic!! As an aside, that is the belt we use for first geub.

Daniel

OP
ArmorOfGod

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score

Yes, that is not a belt in our system. In that picture, you are seeing students that are white, yellow, orange, purple, and blue belts. I stole Stickart's idea of a generic belt for demo's and public appearances and it worked GREAT. The students loved wearing them and understood that it is for public appearances only.
Also, that color combo looks good on our all black uniforms.

AoG

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Works for us too. The demo belt itself does not correlate to ranking in our dojo. Just about any color you pick is going to be a rank in someones school! To the general public and to us its just a team uniform.

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I told my instructor about this and he really liked the idea. After some brainstorming we were even thinking about sashes instead of belts, just for the "cool look". Thanks for the idea!