philosophy

M

muayThaiPerson

hey, i would like to hear some philosophys of your arts. i find them powerful and great to live by as a MAist.

i read this from a MT website

Train the body, mind, and heart. Physical conditioning is useless without developing concentration and dedication. Show patience and persistence with yourself and others. Develop speed as well as Muay Thai techniques. Show respect for your parents, teachers, community, and yourself. Be honest and courteous, and help others when you have an opportunity. Approach all situations with diligence and self-confidence. Contribute to unity and spirit of the Muay Thai brotherhood. Use common sense and intelligence when in a bad situation. Practicing good Muay Thai means resorting to fighting only as a last resort.

thesensei

Green Belt
Reaction score
maybe it's old, but i have always like Ed Parker's creed:

"I come to you with only empty hands.
I have no weapons, but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles, or my honor,
should it be a matter of life or death,
of right or wrong,
"Then here are my weapons, my empty hands."

Left over Right,
jb

OP
C

chufeng

Tough topic...

I can easily state the core idea of our system but to explain WHAT it means would take many pages...

Our core principle (from which our philosophy emerges) is to find and maintain Center.

Talking about it may help some, but our martial system is actually a physical model for our philosophy...to really undersatnd the philosophy of YiLiQuan, you need to DO YiLiQuan...

It really goes back to the idea of the "original face"

:asian:
chufeng

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is a hard question to answer especially in a medium such as this. I won't go into trying to explain my systems philosophy as I'm sure someone will hit on it in thie thread and then I can just quote and say, "me too". :D I'm a lazy bastard I know.
If one wants to wax philisophical though, one site needing not to be ignored is Jet Li's website about his philosophy, its really a great read!!

7sm

OP
M

muayThaiPerson

but our martial system is actually a physical model for our philosophy...

:asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian:

Latest Discussions