Payment for dan rank

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
bignick said:
What are the standard rates for Kukkiwon certification again?

Isn't 1st dan $70?

Also if you go though the USAT it just increased by 15.00 dollars.
Terry

aplonis

Orange Belt
Reaction score
That sort of thing really does happen. I've heard from a most reputable source the story of how well known local TLD family of schools split down the middle over this issue. The otherwise well respected GM accepted a $10K donation and bestowed honorary 1st Dan upon the contributor.

The split came when that contributor was allowed to show up for practice in uniform and sporting his black belt.

A significant fraction of the ranking BB's were so offended that this issue (probably not all by itself though) triggered the split-off of all those dissenting BBs to form a new, wholly separate TKD organization, one aimed not for profit, but solely dedicated to propagating the art for its own sake.

Gan Starling
Kalamazoo MI

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Grats to you for resisting temptation, good job. Yeah people do it everyday, well achievements must not mean much to those people. How can someone out there possibly pay for their rank and then wear it proudly. I am one of those old schoolers who believes rank can not be bought either, good job Terry. I salute you for your integrity.

Latest Discussions