Passenger tries to open door midflight: Terrorist?

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
you left out 'hormonal soccer moms' (and those are about in pretty large numbers...)

There is nothing to fear but fear itself.
See, there is the problem: as horrible as 9/11 was, it was a relative minor thing. A few buildings out of billions, 4 flights out of hundreds or thousands, 3000 people out of nearly 400 million....

But yet, we dug ourselves in, shaking every time a siren blairs. Some Arabic guys sneezes, we catch the swine flu or SARS...

The essence of terror is to put fear into the hearts of the people, make them afraid of their shadows, second guessing their moves or thoughts. Terrorism wins.
TSA is a salute to terrorism.

Far worse than Islamic terrorism to me, even worse than the TSA, are my fellow citizens who are grimly enjoying attempting to foment hatred of Muslims. They are my enemy, even more than the Islamists who are terrorists.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Far worse than Islamic terrorism to me, even worse than the TSA, are my fellow citizens who are grimly enjoying attempting to foment hatred of Muslims. They are my enemy, even more than the Islamists who are terrorists.

These same people are making a characterture (sp?) out of themselves and don't even know it. They decry loudly anytime a right wing person is described as racist as nothing but race baiting by thier detractors, then have the gall to foment hatred and yes, racism. It is like a Twilight Zone episode or something.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
These same people are making a characterture (sp?) out of themselves and don't even know it. They decry loudly anytime a right wing person is described as racist as nothing but race baiting by thier detractors, then have the gall to foment hatred and yes, racism. It is like a Twilight Zone episode or something.

The very first rule of war is to know who your enemy is.

If I am attacked by a man who lives on the next block over, and I decide that everyone who lives on that block is my enemy because they look like him, they act like him, they pray like him, and they didn't turn him in to me and I take action on it, I am going to lose. I probably won't get the man who attacked me, and the chances are pretty high someone on the block of people I've attacked is going to get me. And no matter how the people on that block feel about the guy who attacked me, they're going to have more sympathy for him than me when I attack them for the crime of being his neighbor.

The morons beating this anti-Muslim drum are trying to start a war with people who are not our enemy; and they actually seem to be taking pleasure in knowing they are starting a war that will drag everyone into it, no matter who is actually responsible.

But of course, the next post that refutes my statement will accuse me of wanting the terrorists to get away with murdering us, or of mollycoddling them, or of sympathizing with terrorists, etc, etc. The fact is, I want terrorists who attack us to be tracked down and taken out with extreme prejudice. THE TERRORISTS. Not a bunch of people who have the same religion and happen to look a lot like them. These short-sighted morons, our countrymen, are going to start a shooting war with 1.5 billion people; and when they do, we're going to lose. I don't want to die because some morons in my own country have nothing better to do than to hate people for their religion. They're my enemy, like I said. If I meet one face to face, I'll probably punch him in his racist face.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Took the words right out of my mouth.:)

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Excellent post, Bill.

I have to wonder if these people who foment this racism are really morons and idiots. At first glance it is easy to assume so. However, you look at some of the people spouting this nonsesnse and they are not stupid people...at least they don't apear to be. I normally abhor conspiracy theories, but it is hard for me to believe that so many people are really that stupid. Then again I've seen the polls on different things such as Saddam Hussein being responsible for 911 and people believing Obama isn't American, so maybe it is just plain old stupidity and ignorance.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
a whole bunch of people owe Billi an apology

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/med...cockpit-door-video-examples-of-newscasts-fro/

Media Manipulation? The Majority of American Media Outlets Fail to Report the Yemeni Passenger Was Shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’ as He Attempted to Storm the Cockpit Door – Video Examples of Newscasts From Around the Country

he WAS a muslim, and he WAS shouting the international slogan for terrorist for the past 20 years.

but i am quite sure the usual reality denying folks will pooh pooh pooh this away too.

for some people, no amount of smoke is proof of fire........./eyeroll

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Excellent post, Bill.

I have to wonder if these people who foment this racism are really morons and idiots. At first glance it is easy to assume so. However, you look at some of the people spouting this nonsesnse and they are not stupid people...at least they don't apear to be. I normally abhor conspiracy theories, but it is hard for me to believe that so many people are really that stupid. Then again I've seen the polls on different things such as Saddam Hussein being responsible for 911 and people believing Obama isn't American, so maybe it is just plain old stupidity and ignorance.

translation: anyone that doesnt agree with me is a stupid doodoo head.....

seriously?

you are seriously saying that someone is stupid because they hold an opinion, (which is perfectly valid given the FACTS) that you dont agree with?

i mean, thinking that terrorists are likely to be muslim isnt like thinking elvis is still alive.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
i mean, thinking that terrorists are likely to be muslim isnt like thinking elvis is still alive.

It's not that. It's this:

Man tries to open airline door: Not Muslim. Therefore, of no interest.
Man threatens airplane in flight: Not Muslim. Therefore, of no interest.
Man pounds on airplane cabin door in flight: Muslim. OH MY GOD IT'S A FREAKING MUSLIM TERRORIST WE MUST NOTIFY EVERYONE OH MY GOD LOOK LOOK LOOK IT'S A MUSLIM TERRORIST!!!

Three incidents, all in proximity to each other. All bad. All something to be concerned about. But ask some folks around here; if it's not MUSLIM TERRORISTS OH MY GOD it's not news. Not worth discussing. Even if this very thread was started about at NON Muslim terrorist - related event, the OP quickly changed his point once it became clear that it didn't involve a Muslim. Fortunately for him, there was a Muslim involved in a different incident. Whew! Thank goodness; he almost broke his 100% Muslim-hating record for posts.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
i do not think that a muslim is likely to be a terrorist

i DO think that a terrorist is likely to be a muslim

and in this case, Billi was right

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is that on any -credible- news sites?

Because I have at least a dozen sites that claim that Osama is alive, one of which claims he's been working for the CIA all along, and is now in Malibu under a new name.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually I can think of far more non Muslim terrorist organisations than I can Muslim ones, they range from a Jewish one to Hindu, communist, racist, fascist, many Christian ones, nationalist ones and just plain nihilist ones. Altogether I'm sure they outnumber the Muslim ones.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
John, I get warnings from my filters on that site so as it's not one I've heard of before, I'm leery to trust it.

Also, historical isn't "past 20 years". Historically, in the US, the biggest dealer of mass murder & terrorism has been the US army.
- Indian Wars, where the US Army regularly massacred unarmed women and children, as well as gave them poisoned food and virus infected blankets and clothing.
- US treatment of the South during and after the "Civil War" which included wholesale devastation, legalized rape of Southern women, outright theft of property.
- Continued treaty violations regarding Native American tribes, forced indoctrination of Indian children, forced conversions to Christianity, eradication of numerous native languages and cultures.
You miss "Animal Liberation Organization", "Aryan Nation". BLO, the KKK (which is still active today and in the 60's terrrorized much of the South), and The Weather Underground, to name a few. From 1980-2000 there were actually 250 domestic terrorism actions (as per FBI), done by US citizens.
The majority were non-muslim.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_terrorism_in_the_United_States

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
over HERE tez, when someone tries to blow **** up, they have been, historically, mostly muslims

so off the top of my head, domestic terrorist groups, I can look up more I'm sure, there's the Unabomber too as I remember.
KKK
Jewish Defence League
Symbionese Liberation Army
Army of God
Animal Liberation Front
Black Liberation Front

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I started a separate topic for US Domestic terrorism as we're muddying things a bit as we drift around. Lets take that over there. I've copied most of my notes to it for reference.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
i do not think that a muslim is likely to be a terrorist

i DO think that a terrorist is likely to be a muslim

and in this case, Billi was right

Never heard of the IRA, then? Not Muslims.

Here's a nice list of designated terrorist organizations. Most of them are Muslim, yes. Many of them are not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_designated_terrorist_organizations

Here is the USA's list of foreign terrorist organizations. Again, most are Muslim. Many are not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._State_Department_list_of_Foreign_Terrorist_Organizations

Here's a list of terrorist attacks in the USA. Historically most were NOT perpetrated by Islamic extremists:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_the_United_States

Most of the recent attacks are indeed by Islamic extremists.

But no one is denying that. Not the right wing, not the left, not the independents as far as I can tell.

What's happening is that when a non-Muslim commits an act of terrorism in the USA, the right refuses to notice it happened. When a Muslim does it, they blow up and spray foam from their mouths. That means something to me - something ugly. It's not that there isn't a threat from Islamic terrorists; there is. It's that all certain people want to see or talk about are what the EVIL Muslims do; and they just don't want to discuss what plain old US citizens do.

I mean...

2009 November 5: Fort Hood Shooting - Muslim terrorist. Lots of noise about it.
2009 June 10: United States Holocaust Memorial Museum shooting. Not a Muslim. YAWN!
2009 June 1: Arkansas recruiting office shooting - Muslim terrorist.
2009 May 25: Crude bomb explodes in a Starbucks in Manhattan's Upper East Side - Not a Muslim. YAWN!
2009 May 31: Assassination of George Tiller. Dr. George Tiller - Oops, that was a self-proclaimed Christian. Nope, not going to discuss it. Not a Muslim so YAWN!

The point is not that they are or are not Muslims. Not that they did or did not shout Allah Akbar as they pounded on the cabin door. The point is that in three separate events in two days, two were NOT committed by Muslims, so WE WILL JUST PRETEND THEY DIDN'T HAPPEN and point out the one that WAS committed by a Muslim so we can say SEE HOW THEY ARE? SEE HOW THEY ARE?

We see, all right. We see how the people pointing the fingers are.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Bill, as long as your only tactic is to ridicule anyone that disagrees with you, i wont be discussing things with you. You called me a sick twisted person as I recall.

please

add me to your ignore list.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't give a damn if you disagree with me or not. In fact, sometimes it is nice just for a subject of conversation. However, if a person judges another man's intent and heart by his clothing or ethnicity then he is a moron and a fool. This isn't about difference of opinion.