Green Belt

chungdokwan123

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Passed my testing last night....I now proudly wear the green belt!

Isn't this the level where all that I have learned so far starts coming together?

Anyone have any recommendations concerning progression from this point?

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations on the promotion. Our club seems to have a different order for belts but I found at 1st and 2nd blue belt everything started to make sense and come together. It was at this point that my love of tkd went up a notch. Blue 1st at our club is the 4th belt, is that about where a green belt is?

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
White, purple, green, brown, and black, with intermediate tips in between. Yes, you are at that point where your understanding of material starts coming together. There is still a lot to learn, but it will now take on a whole different meaning for you.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
And, CONGRATULATIONS!
icon14.gif

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations concerning progression from this point?

Get a heavy bag or a wavemaster for use at home to develop power.

If you can't do that, try to eliminate any 'tells' you might have inadvertently learned. Perhaps you always take a small step before kicking a sidekick or you dip your shoulders before punching. Have someone watch you carefully and go from there.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats on reeaching mid belt, remember everyone learns at a different pace. I would keep working hard it will come together one day.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not sure what green belt means in your school. It would be better to provide the GUP or KUP that you just got promoted to.

However in any case Congrats and keep training hard. Anything you get here will be secondary to what your instructors have planned for you, so my advice is to keep doing what they are teaching and you should be fine.

TEAKWON!

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations!

What did you have to do for your test?

What new material do you get to learn as a green belt?

OP
C

chungdokwan123

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the replies. Sorry I obviously didn't supply enough rank structure information to properly answer my questions. Our Gup ranks run as follows: White, yellow, green, blue, brown, and red....with stripes between each belt except for brown and red.....10th Gup through 1st. I am now 6th Gup.
I would describe the place I am now at is....I'll be building heavily off of basic techniques from this point. Adding spins and shuffles to kicks....focusing more on combinations of techniques....that sort of thing. I think that is an accurate assessment. Sound about right?

As to the question regarding progession....I was merely seeking out the experiences of others. Of course I will continue to follow the program of my instructors. They rock.

OP
C

chungdokwan123

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations!

What did you have to do for your test?

What new material do you get to learn as a green belt?

I had to perform the entire curriculum of basic fundamentals, basic/advanced step sparring, a multitude of escapes, board breaking, Taeguk Poomse Il Chong, Ee Chong, and Sam Chong....and free sparring. I also had to provide an essay describing why I would choose to remain training in Tae Kwon Do.

As for what comes next....I'll get back to ya....different Student Manual.