Parker stories.........

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for that link...those stories were great!

Cthulhu

V

vincefuess

Stories like these are a necessary reminder that what we do is so much more than a collection of techniques.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
:asian:

The latest story is a good one! I think I would have done the same thing with the plaque.

Cool!!

Chuck

K

Kirk

I see a heart in 4 directions. :( N, S, E, and W.
Can someone elaborate for me?

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, there are actually 4 Hearts....... it doesn't matter which one is up as long as one of the hearts are upright in regular heart position.

It is just symbolism......the heart pattern is used in the Self Defense Technique "Blinding Sacrafice" (the initial hand strikes):asian:

W

WilliamTLear

Isn't it kind of cool that a Kenpo Practitioner wears his heart on his sleeve?

Billy Lear

K

Kirk

Sure did answer it! I appreciate it too! This should be on a
different thread, I guess, but I'm moved right now! ;) It's TOO
kewl to be able to have the input of so many experienced
kenpoists. And thanks to all of you! Amazingly, none of you feel
you're above answering the little questions :)

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Like Mr. Parker used to say at times like these...... "Hey, I put my pants on one leg at a time just like you!"

R

Rob_Broad

I love everyone of those stories, I have read them all atleast four times now and they still get to me everytime I read them.

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
And I am in contact with others to do the same. So keep checking it often.

p.s. I feel the same as you do. good memories.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
:)

i don't know about the rest, but I really appreciate you sharing them with us.

Thanks GD7 and others...

Chuck

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Your continued encouragement keeps me working on the other Seniors to add stories for all of you......... but I love to hear them also........ there are a couple of my favorites coming up from Tom Kelly soon.

R

Ronin

Mr. C what was your absolute favorite story or experience with Mr. Parker?

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have been fortunate to have so very many good experiences with Mr. Parker that it would be hard to say just which one was the "absolute favorite"!

Off the top of my head at this moment.... I'd have to say that was the time he observed me teaching a student in England the kicking set #1 and just sat and watched the whole lesson. I have to say I was sweating it! But at the end he gave me an unusual amount of praise as to what I had revealed to that student.

I was humbled tremendously.

T

tonbo

Wow.

I just read through all the stories, and, although I have read many similar stories before, I haven't realized how much more depth there is to both the man and the art.

I had heard a couple of stories before about Mr. Parker's sense of humor, as well as his strength and speed. I know a little bit about the Hawaiian culture, and their way of doing things, and he sounds like he was a prime example.

My poor timing in getting into the art made it impossible for me to meet Mr. Parker, and I am saddened that I could not. However, I have a very similar relationship with my instructor, and I will let that suffice as much as I can......hopefully, I can get my butt out the door and get to meet some more of the Kenpo "seniors", so that I can experience Mr. Parker through their eyes.

So much to see, so much to do, so much to enjoy.

Heh....and presently, I feel like an adopted child who's just trying to figure out where all the rooms in the house are....;)

Thanks to all of you senseis/seniors. I honor you all for your gifts, and for your willingness to share. Thanks for bringing the art and Mr. Parker to life for those of us that never met him.

Peace--

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm still working on getting a few others from Tom Kelly, Bob White, Frank Trejo and others.... as we speak..... keep checking back.

Latest Discussions