Ouch

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Those are GREAT! When I saw the thread title I thought you were beating up trees again. ;)

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ouch indeed, but those were some pretty cool san soo (spelling?) clips. I got a giggle out of the last part of the second clip; where the guy in yellow gets up, looks like he's ready to keep going, and then just falls on his *** :) Poor guy :)

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I got a giggle out of the last part of the second clip; where the guy in yellow gets up, looks like he's ready to keep going, and then just falls on his *** :) Poor guy :)

Me too. That was great. :D

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
To me, the classic was about midway through the first clip when one guy walks into the other's roundhouse knee/shin. I think it was then that about a dozen white coats (med staff?) ran out. Then at the end of that clip, one guy gets dumped on his neck, and to reassure us he's not paralyzed, they show him (I assume) walking out of the arena.

I LOVED both clips! Ugly fu, indeed. :ultracool

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
To me, the classic was about midway through the first clip when one guy walks into the other's roundhouse knee/shin. I think it was then that about a dozen white coats (med staff?) ran out. Then at the end of that clip, one guy gets dumped on his neck, and to reassure us he's not paralyzed, they show him (I assume) walking out of the arena.

I LOVED both clips! Ugly fu, indeed. :ultracool

I love Ugly fu!!! :D

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Did you notice that in the first clip it appears that the ref appears to be there for only on reason to call in the medics from the sidelines. Other than that it just appears to be a good place to watch the fight. But they at least appeared to have some rules, gloves and headgear required, tape 2 I don't think as any such silly thing as rules

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Did you notice that in the first clip it appears that the ref appears to be there for only on reason to call in the medics from the sidelines. Other than that it just appears to be a good place to watch the fight.
Oh, man, thanks for the belly laugh first thing in the morning! :caffeine:

But they at least appeared to have some rules, gloves and headgear required, tape 2 I don't think as any such silly thing as rules
:lol2:

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
I love Ugly fu!!! :D

My Grandmaster told the story once of going with Jimmy Woo to LA Chinatown to do a demo (proabably early 60s). He took a restroom break and four guys from 'Pretty Kung Fu' came in and said 'Your kung fu is ugly'. GM got ready to lay them all out when they continued, 'Thanks for showing us a different side of the art.' So, yeah, Ugly fu it is. :)

The more I think/hear/read about Xue Sheng's Sanda, the more I see at least parallels even if they're not technically related. :)

Latest Discussions