And again…OUCH!!!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
My Xingyi sifu started a Qinna/sparring class and of course being completely insane I happily signed up. Actually got to spar my sifu and although I did get 1 maybe 2 good shots in I can say without any doubt I got my butt kicked, (been a long time since I took one in the face). But if I didn’t get my butt kicked then why would I be paying to train with him.

Also my fingers are killing me so I am trying to type little and it is slow. But I can say my wrists feel much looser than they have in a long time – thanks qinna

And now I am doing what most of society would say is completely insane looking forward to the next class. And considering asking my Sanda sifu to start training some qinna, trees and the physical stuff are fun but COME ON…We’re talking qinna here. Although I will ask politely and not argue lest he demonstrate some because of my insolence :uhyeah: .

It has been a long time since I trained qinna for qinna sake and I forgot how painful it can be and yet, back to that society thinking I am insane, how much fun it is. The only qinna I have done lately is what applies directly to Yang style.

It was a blast and the amazing part was that no trees were hurt during the class as a matter of fact no trees were involved at all… somehow that just seems wrong… but one must move on I guess...besides it was a BLAST.

I have to stop my index finger feels like I am getting hit by a hammer every time it hits a key….. THAT CLASS WS JUST SO COOL.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have to stop my index finger feels like I am getting hit by a hammer every time it hits a key….. THAT CLASS WS JUST SO COOL.

XS, that last sentence summarizes it all... you are a genuine, certifiable MA House O' Pain maniac, no question—my congratulations, amigo!! :D

And a thousand trees are breathing a collective sigh of relief, probably, that you've gone on to the next level of combat addiction... :EG:

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
XS, that last sentence summarizes it all... you are a genuine, certifiable MA House O' Pain maniac, no question—my congratulations, amigo!! :D

And a thousand trees are breathing a collective sigh of relief, probably, that you've gone on to the next level of combat addiction... :EG:

LOL! What he said.

Qinna is awesome.Take care of that finger. :ultracool

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Also my fingers are killing me so I am trying to type little and it is slow. But I can say my wrists feel much looser than they have in a long time – thanks qinna

XS,

Getting punched in the nose too much?

;)

It is great your training is going so well and you are having a good time while you are at it. I love it when that happens.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
XS, that last sentence summarizes it all... you are a genuine, certifiable MA House O' Pain maniac, no question—my congratulations, amigo!!

And a thousand trees are breathing a collective sigh of relief, probably, that you've gone on to the next level of combat addiction...
:lol2:

Ahhh but the trees are still not safe, my sanda sifu STILL insists I beat on trees.

And I prefer House O' Painiac but House O' Pain maniac will do just fine.

LOL! What he said.

Qinna is awesome.Take care of that finger.

I am.

My finger is resting comfortably at home while I am at work. :)

XS,

Getting punched in the nose too much?

;)

It is great your training is going so well and you are having a good time while you are at it. I love it when that happens.

The first 2/3 of the class was qinna the last 1/3 was sparing. Put on the gloves and pummel each other type sparing and I got the chance to spar with my sifu and as I said I got 1 maybe 2 good shots in, but I lost no doubt about it, this is much of why I got hit in the face. And you would think that would upset me but it didn’t, it was cool. In all honesty it is a great way to find out you have picked up some bad habits along the way due to atrophy from a lack of this type of sparing.

And Thanks to all.

Early in class right about the time I was laying on the floor in a wrist lock saying OUCH I realized this was going to be a whole lot of fun... and then I thought... now its my turn :EG:

I left class in pain, and this is where many will think I’m crazy, but I can’t wait to go back.

As a side benefit I am learning how to type with 3 fingers since my index finger is not in any mood to bang on keys. Well to be truthful it was 3 now its 2 since I found that my middle finger is not all to happy about typing either. But my wrists are incredibly relaxed and loose.

Latest Discussions