Original Attacks in SKK

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree that there are defenses against right or left punch, grabs, clubs and knives. I noticed that no one mentioned kempo punch techniques against various strikes.

When I was training in the 80s, we had "kempos" for front kick, round house, spinning backkick and two (or three) punches. Our kempos were never numbered. You just collected what you could remember. Some were lame but others were good...especially those against kicks and other strikes.

We did not have many against kicks but there they were. Did anyone else have this experience? I can't believe we were the only ones in SKK that did that.

BTW, I think SKK needs more or at least standardized techniques for "kempos" against kicks. And no, I'm not going to do an X block against a front kick.

In another style I trained, each of the techniques had a different strike. Some were kicks (only front and side), the others were punch or punches. Just FYI for comparison. That style only had 5 kata in the curriculum...about the length of a long Kempo kata.

When I was training in that system, the combos/DMs were numbered. Anything else, such as weapon defense, grab, kick, etc., were not, they were just techs. for a given attack. I posted a link earlier in this thread, to another thread, where we were talking about what other attacks you could use the combos off of. Ex: A left hand lapel grab...would you be able to apply the ideas of #1 to that?

Latest Discussions