Only God can Save Us From Obama!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Saw several "We need to turn to God to save America" comments.

In the last couple of decades, most "natural disasters" hitting the US have impacted major "God Fearing" zones.

The "very religious" South continues to face things like hurricanes, droughts, heat waves, poor health care, poverty and lower education levels.

Meanwhile those parts of the country where "evil muslims" and "godless gays" are treated equally, tend to not burn, flood, drown or end up showcased daily on "People of Walmart".

Maybe the problem isn't turning from God, it's thinking that God is still living in the 4th Century. Maybe it's not 'turning from God' that's the problem, maybe it's you haven't been paying attention to the huge clue by four Gods been smacking you with for 20+ years.

Maybe, the secret really is love, and when you push hate in Gods name, that is the 'turning away' bit that needs to go away. Maybe we should stop worrying about what our neighbors are doing, or who they're doing, and worry more about how we're doing and how we're doing it. Maybe that stupid Bill & Ted movie was right, and the secret is to "Be Excellent to One Another".

No, I don't think it'll stop the droughts, floods, or hurricanes, but maybe we'll handle it all better. Christian, Muslim, Jew, Pagan, Straight, Gay, Black, White or Green Orion.

What do we have to lose if we end the hate that's worth keeping anyway?

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Religion is still a huge problem. The superstitious overwhelming supported Romney. Leave you religion out of the public arena.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
I repped you for this post, but I want others to see the rep as well.

I am not Christian, but my wife and her family are. We disagree with some things. However, what we do agree with is that compassion and love for one another is the most important thing. I have friends of different beliefs, from Hindu to Jew, from Taoist to Athiest. All have solid beliefs in compassion and love for one another, not hate. Preach hate and you preach distruction, not only of your enemy, but eventually yourself as well.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

There you go. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The only time I was proud of Romney for being a church member and according to all comments from opposing commentators last night he made the best speach of his campaign in conceeding the election to Obama and sounded more like a Bishop for a change in publicly stated that he and Ann would Ernestly Pray for Obama to lead this country and it was time for everyone to work together and go forward. Everyone who lost should focus on that instead of blaming hurrican Sandy governor Christie on and on.

Trump was advocating revolution last night they should lock him up under the Homland Security act whish he had bet his hair on the election

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Religion is still a huge problem. The superstitious overwhelming supported Romney. Leave you religion out of the public arena.

Too many have forgotten the havoc of the Moral Majoritymovement of the 80’s that turned out to not be so moral after all? There seemsto be a thing in human nature that when financial times get hard groups orrather political groups create radical needs to blame misfortune on others forbeing different or morally at fault for all that is wrong. Like superstitious marinerslooking for the bad luck to throw over the boat side. These political leadersuse the hate and superstition as a tool to gain power but are themselvesmorally bankrupt violating the very moral standards they hide behind.

If Christ were here walking around today he would notrecognize many who use his name and like in the temple he would be mad at themoney changers and the Pharisees calling them Vipers. Race and Religion shouldnot have a place in our politics but it does. I have been called a hater and abigot? What I hate is hypocrisy and anyone who supports the abuse of those lessfortunate using material wealth and power with a Moral Manifest Destiny asjustification for it?
I think the post of this thread is very accurate and notmeant to be hateful but points out howunproductive all the hate and supposed moral higher ground people have been.However a warning they stoned the prophets of old for telling the truth andthere seems to be the same risk on this forum for doing the same?

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Saw several "We need to turn to God to save America" comments.

In the last couple of decades, most "natural disasters" hitting the US have impacted major "God Fearing" zones.

The "very religious" South continues to face things like hurricanes, droughts, heat waves, poor health care, poverty and lower education levels.

Meanwhile those parts of the country where "evil muslims" and "godless gays" are treated equally, tend to not burn, flood, drown or end up showcased daily on "People of Walmart".

Maybe the problem isn't turning from God, it's thinking that God is still living in the 4th Century. Maybe it's not 'turning from God' that's the problem, maybe it's you haven't been paying attention to the huge clue by four Gods been smacking you with for 20+ years.

Maybe, the secret really is love, and when you push hate in Gods name, that is the 'turning away' bit that needs to go away. Maybe we should stop worrying about what our neighbors are doing, or who they're doing, and worry more about how we're doing and how we're doing it. Maybe that stupid Bill & Ted movie was right, and the secret is to "Be Excellent to One Another".

No, I don't think it'll stop the droughts, floods, or hurricanes, but maybe we'll handle it all better. Christian, Muslim, Jew, Pagan, Straight, Gay, Black, White or Green Orion.

What do we have to lose if we end the hate that's worth keeping anyway?

thanks Bob good post maybe give me another 20 years and i can stop hating the haters I just hate bulley's especailly the cowards that want to hide behind God's skirts?

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dan, I get called a bigot, racist, chauvinist, and worse regularly. Oh and Godless, I get that too.

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Dan, I get called a bigot, racist, chauvinist, and worse regularly. Oh and Godless, I get that too.

I guess we need to adopt the Republican platform response ( I know your are but what am I?) I want to say bad things about Rush limp Bah but I better pm that

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well Bob that was a rather good post for a bigoted, racist, who is a chauvinistic and Godless heathen :uhyeah:

A quote form Buddha that I think is getting at what you are saying

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

bluewaveschool

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I stole and reposted (and admitted it wasn't my thoughts) Bobs first post. The first comment? 'Whoever wrote this is an idiot. Bill and Ted is not a stupid movie'

I need smarter friends.

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So important to me I made it a tenet for my club. It's number 7.

http://www.hapkido-online.com/hapkido-online-credo.html

Love: We are taught to maim and kill if need be. We are taught to reduce a human being to a dead slab of meat in seconds. Yet most martial artist are very peaceful people. Most
will not fight unless they have absolutely no other choice. The great among us have love for their fellow man.

You must love others in a selfless way. Give without ever expecting to GET
anything. Love your art, love it so much that you dedicate your life to mastering it and then accept that you may never. Love your art enough to pass it to others with little or no recompense. Very few if any martial arts teachers have made significant wealth teaching martial arts. Most do it because they love it.

Put simply, true love is to put another's needs above your own. People who serve others and often get nothing for it are people who love.

Success in marriage requires this true and powerful love. Does the husband put his wife's needs before his own? Does she put her husband's needs before her own? If both husband and wife give love to each other and place each other before themselves the marriage will never fail.

I submit that all of mankinds best qualties are essentially derived from love.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well Bob hats off to you thought I would be up all night biting my nails watching the vote be decided by a single state like Floriday. I always thought people would not allow Romney to throw us back but never thought it would be over 7:30PM our time? Still the poor people in Florida votig till 2 am and still no decisionI hope they clean house on the governor and the election officials while the local votes will count it makes all the effort those people who stood so long seem lessened? Well I am wore out from doing the happy happy Joy Joy Dance all day. I have hope the Republicans want to build some credibility and start doing thier job moving the country ahead not grid lock at all cost.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I heard a story a while back. It was about the late Modern Arnis GM Remy Presas who after a seminar where he showed some new material was asked why he had never shown it before. His response was "Because you were not ready".

This planet is old. Humans have been wandering it's surface for thousands of years. Christianity is about 2,000 years old. There were a lot of other religions before then, and many many more since. As times change, faith changes. It has to. We know that lightning isn't and Angry God, and that thunder really isn't angels bowling.

1,000 years ago, we didn't have the internet, computers, or Dr. Who. We weren't ready. 500 years ago we didn't have ipods, digital cameras, electric cars or LED bulbs. We weren't ready. 200 years ago we thought skin color denoted intelligence, women didn't vote, and Christmas was a pagan event we ignored. We weren't ready.

Maybe we are now though. When I see not 1, not 2, but several supposedly God Fearing people, claiming to know what God wants, go out and tell everyone what they think God wants, then lose an election, lose a job, get hit by a bus, or hit by a rabid squirrels flaming nuts.... I start to have serious doubts that they have any clue what God currently wants.

We mock ren-faire and SCA folks for wanting to live in the past, back before anti-biotics, soap and literacy. So why do we then turn around and insist that we comply with a 2,000+ year old Jewish hygiene code? Why would we think that a God, who has shown an obvious hacker bent, who loves diversity, loves tinkering with things, loves variety and variation, would keep the same rule book forever?

Maybe, just maybe, the answer IS blowing in the wind, and we're too stubborn, too afraid, to pay attention.

Maybe there isn't any god either, and it is just hot wind.

But I sure don't wash my back with a metal scraper and olive oil any more, why would I ever hate based on yesterdays ideas?

Ok, pass the Captain around, there's enough for everyone!

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
...but Bob, how will people control you with hatred and fear if you don't hate and fear? Don't you know those other people are out to get you? They don't have lives or anything like you do to worry about, so they spend all thier time plotting to take away whatever it is you cherish.

Unfortunately, there are plenty of humans who would rather live in the past, putting it up as the perfect example of the best life has to offer, without worrying themselves about why we as a society have decided to progress.

Latest Discussions