One wish

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you was able to have one wish and it be granted for your Martial Art training. What would it be and why?

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My wish would be simple to be what I have become today earlier in my MA training. I mean to have the whole package mentally. Fighting is what I thought it was about until my mid thirties, all those years wasted spiritually and have been able to find the path to enlightment much earlier.

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My wish would be that I had never taken stopped training and had simply trained continuously.

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
A lot of things come to mind to choose from but for now........my wish would be a local, stable instructor.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, No one can go back in time. What is important is where you are NOW!

Everyone can achieve any goals if you start NOW! Begin with what you have and start improving those things that will get you closer to your goals in your life.

ONE WISH? Everyone could get along with each other. NO wars, NO terrorist. Everyone excepting what they have and making the most of it.

Aloha, Wishing you a happy birthday when it comes!

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Two wishes...

I wish that my teacher had the luxury of enough time to do more teaching.
I wish I were a better and more diligent student.

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
To have a private seminar with Larry Tatum, Doc Chapel, Huk Planas, Joe Palanzo, Lee Wedlake, Frank Trejo, Jeff Speakman (and more). I would love to cover 2-3 techniques with each and get each person's version/views of the 2-3 techniques.

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I wish that I had become a "top of the line" instructor so that I could have helped students become all that they could be.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would wish for more time. This has really become apparent to me lately as there are so many people I would like to train with (ie. for my own instruction) as well as having more time to teach people who are interested in what I am doing. I feel more and more crushed for time now a days.

tkd_jen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hmm... well I would agree that I wish I'd started earlier, but I wish it could have been with my current school. I took classes my senior year of high school, but I was already in basketball, volleyball, and track, so my level of devotion was not even registering on the scale. In college I started again, but trying to pay my way through school meant getting 2 jobs on top of school so TKD lost again. Moved to Fargo a few years ago, got the itch again and LOVE my current school.

bookworm_cn317

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have several, actually:

- I wish that I had started earlier, too (but only if I could still have my current instructor).

- I wish I was better at sparring.

- I wish I wasn't so afraid of breaking my hand trying to break a board with a hand technique.

- I wish I didn't have that little 'freak out' episode the first time I tested for blue belt.

- I wish I was more serious in the first few years of my MA education. Maybe if I was, i wouldn't be a purple belt for 8 YEARS!

jdinca

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ha ha! My wish would be that my right knee was never injured when I was twelve. It's had a direct impact on my training and has required a few modifications that really annoy me.

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I have two wished but one's not for myself. Can I do that?

1. For a girl I train with who is a 2nd Kup to be able to get a babysitter more often so she can go back to doing the amount of training she knows in her heart she needs to do to get her standard back.

2. That I could be instantly be more flexible without all those horrible stretches *ouch*

Shotochem

Purple Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
-I wish I had started training at an earlier age. I started when I was 30.

- I wish I would have blocked a whole lot sooner on a few choice occassions.:wink1:

-Marc-

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
To be able to train full time and split that time between training here and in China. Which would ultimatly lead me back to teaching MA again.

Why? Because I like it.

mjd

Green Belt
Reaction score
I wish to have a 50 year old mind, 20 year legs, 15 year old heart, and 1 million dollars wouldn't hurt.

Latest Discussions