Which martial art do you WISH you could learn?

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, let's see....I already study American Kenpo, and I love it. Honestly, I don't foresee ever quitting, that is, unless I end up somewhere where there's not a studio close by. as far as other systems I'd like to study:

1. some of the FMA's ('cause I like playing with knives and clubs:))
2. Aikido or Hapkido ('cause they look cool and I like joint-locks and throws)
3. Systema or Krav Maga ('cause they're nasty :boing2: )

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
I would have to say Capoeira would be something I'd like to try. Unfortunately my physique and damaged hip don't agree with that. heh

OP

2fisted

Well, I've really found a home in Goju-ryu, so if I don't study anything else I'm ok with that.

But if opportunities and free time presented themselves, I've always been interested in Hsing-i and in FMA stick fighting. :)

OP
F

Fortis

I am very new to Martial Arts (green stripe Tae Kwon Do). I can already tell that I'm always going to wish I could do it all. However, I'd rather just concentrate on one since I don't have the time or money to train 7 days a week. That being said, the Kung Fu styles and JKD both look interesting to me.

OP
F

FatherHiei

Definitely study the biomechanics of savate to help me with my kicks. I study tae kwon do currently and mainly for the kicks i think that savate training would compliment it nicely. Unfortunately somewhat of a small area, therefore no decent savate instruction in the area.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I love being in American Kenpo. However, I would someday like to crosstrain with Aikido or Hapkido. As things are, I don't have the time yet to do that.

- Ceicei

psi_radar

Black Belt
Reaction score
To me, martial arts are like motorcycles and women--the one I currently have is great and delivers fine performance, but it's hard not to check out what the other guy has. ;)

My base art is Kenpo but I really like Systema. I'm fortunate enough to have a school less than 3 miles away, so I'm going to take advantage of that in the near future. One thing I like (among others) about Systema is that it has a somewhat structured fitness/wellness program.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Im currently happy studying my ninjutsu. Even if it is what some people call "fake".

Its what I always dreamed of studying back when I took Hapkido.

OP
W

WLMantisKid

Im currently happy studying my ninjutsu. Even if it is what some people call "fake".

Who cares what other people think it is? Most important thing is to enjoy what you're doing.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Aikido and/or Hapkido for me as I'm losing my taste with strikes and kicks.
I would also like to further my training in Wing Chung and also get into American Kenpo.
I don't seek to achive a belt in any of the above. If I can gain knowledge from them then so much the better. As Ceicei says (in her signature) "Martial arts is for life not the belt."

...or something like that (giggle)

OP
J

jwreck

Daito Ryu. From the few things I've seen it seems like a very no nonsense brutally effective art.

OP
N

Ninway J

Right now, for me, I wish I could learn Xing Yi Quan (Hsing-I Chuan.) From what I know about it so far it's a practical, no-nonsense, and aggressive art. It also claims to be the only one of the three orthodox internal CMArts proven effective on the battlefield.

No instructors around here...

Tony

Black Belt
Reaction score
There are so many other Kung styles I would like to learn and Escrima and Kali. Hapkido looks very interesting and i would love to learn more about that, but I am still happy learning my present style of Kung Fu.

OP
G

geometry

I'm happy with Wing Chun. It's affected my life so positively. I would like to study it in Hong Kong sometime and may be able to do that soon. There are some great schools there.

The only other style I'd like to study is 7star...but I can't find a master in London!

OP
B

buddah_belly

I'm having a hard enough time understanding the ones I'm presently "learning."

1. Aikido
2. Yagyu Shinkage Kenjitsu
3. CLF kung fu

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe Kenpo but am having a hard time telling the difference from Kenpo,
Kempo and American Kenpo. I won't be able to stay in TKD because of the jumping much longer and its looking like I can't teach in this town either.
Only kenpo anything is an hour+ away.

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Been studying Kenpo most of my life and love it.......but I've been told that Jujitsu would be a good compliment to the art.

:asian: :karate:

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If I had the god given flexability and started young along with alot of other things I would love to learn Wu Shu.

Thanks