On dealing with KenpoPhobes

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Sami Ibrahim

Sami Ibrahim

Green Belt
Reaction score
why start another thread on the same subject ? that makes no sense. now after you made a few more posts, i believe you are angry that other people will say that kenpo sucks. to put it bluntly.
you keep using the term "failure" how is someone a failure? that is a very strong statement and it presupposes many negative and condescending accusations.
i did kenpo for many years and after 3rd dan from a very good master, i decided it wasnt for me and found something i like better. are you saying i am a failure at kenpo? because i would say i was pretty frikin good.

Oh crap you argued with me using logic and respectfully... your right you would actually have to fail at the functionality of it to be a failure, if you did it and achieved skill with it but another art called to you, I get it, my advice when dealing with kenpophobes still stands.

OP
Sami Ibrahim

Sami Ibrahim

Green Belt
Reaction score
I could but why would I. You think you're better than me because you use your real name? Well would you call any of us a coward or a failure if you met us in person? No you wouldn't and quite honestly the way you've acted on this thread I've lost all respect for you and I will not be answering you again and I will be putting you on ignore so I don't have to see the vile rubbish you come out with and I have also reported you due to the fact you have been insulting people and talking down on them and there instructors and have made personal attacks which is against the rules on this forum. Bye
There was an ignore button all this time and I wasted time communicating with you?

KenpoBoxer

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I could but why would I. You think you're better than me because you use your real name? Well would you call any of us a coward or a failure if you met us in person? No you wouldn't and quite honestly the way you've acted on this thread I've lost all respect for you and I will not be answering you again and I will be putting you on ignore so I don't have to see the vile rubbish you come out with and I have also reported you due to the fact you have been insulting people and talking down on them and there instructors and have made personal attacks which is against the rules on this forum. Bye
Agreed calling anyone who has ever trained martial arts a failure is disgusting since they showed the guts to go and do there training

OP
Sami Ibrahim

Sami Ibrahim

Green Belt
Reaction score
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Okay whatever you like to think. I'll give you what you want. Kenpo is absolutely perfect and should be treated like a religion and is so perfect and ed Parker is a god who did everything perfect and we are not worthy we are kenpophobes who nothing. You have shown us the light and bought us out of the dark we are now so enlightened thank you grandmaster. Apologies for us being such failures. I will burn my gi and black belt tonight since I am such a failure compared to a master like you

Does that make you happy now? Maybe you can stop ranting everywhere now because everyone here isn't in love with kenpo

How dare you it's God not god lol

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh crap you argued with me using logic and respectfully... your right you would actually have to fail at the functionality of it to be a failure, if you did it and achieved skill with it but another art called to you, I get it, my advice when dealing with kenpophobes still stands.
i assume this thread will be locked shortly however before it does.
lets go down this rabbit hole a bit further.
how does someone fail at it Functionally? we are talking about a martial art so your statement would mean that someone cannot make the system work. correct?????

OP
Sami Ibrahim

Sami Ibrahim

Green Belt
Reaction score
i assume this thread will be locked shortly however before it does.
lets go down this rabbit hole a bit further.
how does someone fail at it Functionally? we are talking about a martial art so your statement would mean that someone cannot make the system work. correct?????

Yes Sir by their own admission.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not bullying giving advice on how to deal with Kenpophobes while also drawing attention to the stupidity of assuming that a failed experience is universal.
again with the "failed experience" thing ....first you will have to accept there is no such thing. there is a universal truth....people leave martial arts. people more often than not leave an art because it is not meeting their needs. you are presuming that if an art is not meeting their needs it is the persons fault .. nonsense!!

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
again with the "failed experience" thing ....first you will have to accept there is no such thing. there is a universal truth....people leave martial arts. people more often than not leave an art because it is not meeting their needs. you are presuming that if an art is not meeting their needs it is the persons fault .. nonsense!!
If you NEED to be coddled and told you are awesome, all the time, some schools may not be right for you. o_O

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
to define "making it work" would fall into a few general categories. assault prevention & response, self defense in a semi consensual fight (ie bar fight) competition ...competition would fall into a spiral of further categories of mma, point fighting ect. the approach someone takes to solve any of these combative problems is going to be determined by their underlying philosophy. it is all together possible that ones internal philosophy would not be in accord with the philosophical precepts and approach of the art , namely for this discussion kenpo.
in your comments there is also a presumption that every person given the right teacher and enough time can effectively apply kenpo to every single category of human combative behavior. again this is nonsense.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Agreed some people just physically can't enjoy certain martial arts for whatever reason. Like me I hate grappling training. I did it when I did mma but it just held no interest to me. I mean I know grappling is a great skill to have and is essential for mma and does absolutely have great things about it and I do enjoy the idea of grappling but when It came down to me training it I just didn't enjoy it as much as I enjoy striking. I respect grappling and would never say it's useless because it is very good but it's just not for me same as other arts for other people.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes Sir by their own admission.

Yeah. Ok.

Here is how we would support the validity of a technique.

It would work consistantly for somebody. Then we can say the technique works for that person.

Then the technique could be taught to a bunch of guys and it will work consistently for them.

That way we have a base of evidence the technique at least is viable.

So when a person says it doesnt work that person is the outlier.

Last edited:

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
to make any discussion of this sort we will also have to define what a style is. because if i say that kenpo sucks and you say it doesn't. then we need to define what we are talking about. every form of non armed human combat involves the use of strikes, grabs, throws, and locks of some kind or fashion. so is a kenpo punch different than a boxers punch? maybe but does the method of power generation in that punch define what kenpo is? i would say no. all striking arts strike. so we must remove that aspect from the definition if what a style is. you can slowly strip away little pieces until what is left is a combative philosophy, a methodology of training and a biophysical feel to the movement that seems to be passed through from teacher to student. very much the same as you may have habits and body movements as your parents.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
to make any discussion of this sort we will also have to define what a style is. because if i say that kenpo sucks and you say it doesn't. then we need to define what we are talking about. every form of non armed human combat involves the use of strikes, grabs, throws, and locks of some kind or fashion. so is a kenpo punch different than a boxers punch? maybe but does the method of power generation in that punch define what kenpo is? i would say no. all striking arts strike. so we must remove that aspect from the definition if what a style is. you can slowly strip away little pieces until what is left is a combative philosophy, a methodology of training and a biophysical feel to the movement that seems to be passed through from teacher to student. very much the same as you may have habits and body movements as your parents.

Not really. You would get a bunch of kempo guys and see if they could outstrike a bunch of boxers.

One would work and one would suck.

OP
Sami Ibrahim

Sami Ibrahim

Green Belt
Reaction score
again with the "failed experience" thing ....first you will have to accept there is no such thing. there is a universal truth....people leave martial arts. people more often than not leave an art because it is not meeting their needs. you are presuming that if an art is not meeting their needs it is the persons fault ...
Yes people don't always leave because they failed but some do indeed fail because they don't realistically or with any depth beyond memorizing material and typically if they have entered a Martial arts forum discussion on a art they used to do and are harping about how impractical it is they failed in functionality as well. All I have been saying is that this failure is not on everyone else or the art and if they want a genuine solution they would get into specifics of what they did wrong instead of lumping all us of into the same box as them.

OP
Sami Ibrahim

Sami Ibrahim

Green Belt
Reaction score
now define making it work.
If you can make it work, it being Kenpo against a skilled and resisting opponent you have attained at least some level of functionality. If you cannot make it work and blame the choreography or the written outline you have failed in functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions