OMG! {Cat-in-headlights expession}

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:eek: :eek: :eek: and :eek: some more.

I went out to see a band I favour this evening. The singer is a girl I have known since she was about 11 years old and she has the most amazing operatic voice you've ever heard. That voice singing rock and metal is just astounding (think the likes of Delain but better).

Anyhow, the reason for all the :eek:'s and why my hands are still shaking a tiny bit is that they finally did what they threatened to do the last time I went to see them play ... pull me out of the audience to play with them ... c'est catastrophe! My missus says I was brilliant - I haven't played for more than five minutes in any given quarter for ten years; so I know differently.

The fact that they had no monitors didn't help - it's hard to solo to Sweet Home Alabama on someone else's guitar, with no warning, when you can't hear yourself! What a nightmare.

Still, events in Japan put my public humiliation {with video proof :faints:} into proper perspective.

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:grins: I thank you for you confidence and interest my friends but I shall actively seek out and expunge this source material for vile blackmail :D.

It was truly pitiful. I couldn't find the right key ... or even the right string ... to even get started :lol:. So only my missus would ever think kindly of the disjointed noise. But one good thing comes out of it - it's spurred me on to start practising again (and relearn how to play with others and standing up rather than sitting down :)).

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The Missus might need your Katana to fend off the fangirls then :)

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:chuckles and bows at the kind words:

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Came across this on the net whilst link surfing:

[yt]lPNkhREoH9M[/yt]

These were the people I was playing with as noted above but doing a much less 'rocky' number. Gemma, as ever, is fabulous; I could listen to her sing all day :D.

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:lol:. I am practising again, I swear - that's why it hurts to type at the moment ... because my fingers are sore from guitar strings :eek:.

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[yt]NoTc2x3UG20[/yt]

Another - with arty video on this one :). This one was used in a film.

Latest Discussions