Man Does CPR On Dog

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
"American Red Cross Pet First Aid classes give pet owners the confidence and skills necessary to tend to unexpected emergencies until they can get their pet to a veterinarian. Many Red Cross chapters across the country offer classes with hands-on training in Pet First Aid procedures."

A funny thing happened as I watched this - right as it ended my dog skidded over and nudged my elbow. Time to play!

Rayban

Green Belt
Reaction score
I would so give CPR to either of my dog and cat if needed and I wouldn't stop until they came back, or I died :)

I like animals so much more than I like some people :)

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have done mouth to nose resuscitation on my wifes cat.
He was a Birman about 18 years old , she had him before we met , and it took a very long time before he started to warm to me .

Anyway because he was quite old , his kidneys started to go and he got some sort of chest infection , we took him to the vet who prescribed some antibiotics.

They didn't really help much , he stopped eating and started to go down hill at a rate of knots , we nursed him as best we could and tried to get fluids into him , but on the Saturday night about 6:30 pm he stopped breathing .

I did resuscitation on him for about 30 seconds and the little old bloke revived for a few minutes , but it was to be short lived as he slipped away again.
I tried again but it was no good he was too far gone and he passed away on our kitchen floor.

At least he wasn't in pain anymore , we had him cremated and keep his ashes and picture on the mantle piece.
We like to think he's up there somewhere in animal heaven , young again and running around playing with all the other dearly departed pets.

Latest Discussions