Olympics and average age in TKD

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
They will fight at the US Open...need the points to qualify for Olympics. We might even see Steven Lopez fight...the US Open will be the best ever...comparable to the World Championships! Its gonna be great!

I sure hope you are right

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Costa Rican Open is drawinng the best athletes in the world!!!!

Yea there are some great ones and also some of the brackets barely have enough to make four. I was going to send Zach but he had a oral test he could not get out of. So he had to stay home but I am looking forward to February Canada, US Open and than Mexico Open all in three weeks, should be great.

Thousand Kicks

Green Belt
Reaction score
The other thing to consider, at least when it comes to the Olympics, is the time factor. The olympics are every 4 years. It is very difficult to remain the top fighter in a division for that period of time. If a fighter were to make the Olympic team at 25 the next time they could fight in the Olympics would be when they are 29. Time, injury, etc. might prevent a fighter from competing in consecutive Olympic games; meaning the next young fighter would get the spot.

Also, and I might show my ignorance here, a country, save the host country, cannot send a full team with all weight classes. So, they are going to pick the fighter and the weight class that gives them thebest shot at winning a medal. That alone might keep a fighter out of the games.

But, all this only applies the the Olympics, which is what was referenced in the subject line.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
They will fight at the US Open...need the points to qualify for Olympics. We might even see Steven Lopez fight...the US Open will be the best ever...comparable to the World Championships! Its gonna be great!
Yes because of the GP point system you will see more compete at the US. Open this year. Should be fun. Can't wait.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes because of the GP point system you will see more compete at the US. Open this year. Should be fun. Can't wait.

It will be nice seeing this country top fighters compete, it has been years since they have.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:cool:

It will be nice seeing this country top fighters compete, it has been years since they have.:cool:

Latest Discussions