Old Bujinkan Clips

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if these have been posted before, but I came across these 'old school' clips. Thoughts they were pretty cool! Enjoy! :)

[yt]QQEFndpKUpU&feature=related[/yt]

[yt]aMr5QmDbJW4&feature=related[/yt]

[yt]pJVnFn8zOQQ&feature=related[/yt]

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
One more

[yt]W-BDXcR03S0&feature=related[/yt]

newtothe dark

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Thanks great clips. Does anyone know the name of the first video ? Great Ukemi I need to own it hehe. Also is the the same "Ninja village (couldn't resist)" that was the back ground in the Bojutsu video?

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great old video clips MJS. Personally I am and have always been very fond of the Shinden Fudo Ryu video.
icon6.gif

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I've never seen those. They were fantastic! I hope my ukemi can be at that level someday. Those guys sure were impressive.

Dale Seago

Black Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone know the name of the first video ?

I wish I could remember. . .the original was a VHS tape, and it was re-released 2 or 3 years back as I recall.

Regarding the woman doing the "assisted splits", there's a 22-year-old lass from a nearby dojo who, along with her shidoshi, trains with me every week and can do that without assistance. . .has a background in ballet. :)

MMcGuirk

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I wish I could remember. . .the original was a VHS tape, and it was re-released 2 or 3 years back as I recall.

Regarding the woman doing the "assisted splits", there's a 22-year-old lass from a nearby dojo who, along with her shidoshi, trains with me every week and can do that without assistance. . .has a background in ballet. :)

(How to master Ninjutsu)Foundations of Togakure Ryu part 2-picks up from--

(Fighting methods of the Ninja)Togakure Ryu Ninpo Taijutsu Vol 1.

For those interested: I can't remember the webstore that sold it but they have since went out of business. the email site on the packages are: [email protected] I haven't emailed them so I don't even know if they are still in business either.

On Volume 2, there is a gentlemen who rolls and climbs trees like a monkey!

ElfTengu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
(How to master Ninjutsu)Foundations of Togakure Ryu part 2-picks up from--

(Fighting methods of the Ninja)Togakure Ryu Ninpo Taijutsu Vol 1.

For those interested: I can't remember the webstore that sold it but they have since went out of business. the email site on the packages are: [email protected] I haven't emailed them so I don't even know if they are still in business either.

On Volume 2, there is a gentlemen who rolls and climbs trees like a monkey!

Yes it is from an old 2-part Togakure Ryu series. As I recall, the kanji come up in yellow with a female Japanese voice pronouncing them with some kind of sound effect of the time.

They have been put on DVD now I believe, but with heavy editing to remove certain ex-shihan.