Oguri Sensei Passed Away!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sad news recently in the Bujinkan. Oguri Sensei passed away. I will copy here what I wrote on my blog:

I was saddened to hear that Bujinkan Shihan Oguri Sensei had passed away. While I only had some limited training with him I can say that it was exceptional. I remember how kind it was of him to correct me during Hombu training under Hatsumi Sensei. It was even more of a pleasure to have had the opportunity to train directly in his classes. He will always be remembered for his smile and kind heart and the martial arts world is definitely a sadder place without him.

Here is some recent video footage of him:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwWdEFjBQ4E

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sad news recently in the Bujinkan. Oguri Sensei passed away. I will copy here what I wrote on my blog:

I was saddened to hear that Bujinkan Shihan Oguri Sensei had passed away. While I only had some limited training with him I can say that it was exceptional. I remember how kind it was of him to correct me during Hombu training under Hatsumi Sensei. It was even more of a pleasure to have had the opportunity to train directly in his classes. He will always be remembered for his smile and kind heart and the martial arts world is definitely a sadder place without him.

Here is some recent video footage of him:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwWdEFjBQ4E
Everyone should be so lucky as to be remembered for the above. May you RIP Shihan Oguri Sensei. :asian:

Indagator

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Eternal rest grant unto him, and may perpetual light shine upon him forever and ever.

May he rest in peace.

bljohnson

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Had very limited training with him but I really enjoyed his class. I will never forget how he laughed as he knocked me down and I looked so confused.

Latest Discussions