New: Doug Wilson Budo Taijutsu Blog!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When looking through Ohashi Sensei site (http://www001.upp.so-net.ne.jp/bujinkan/ which is very important) today I was pleasantly surprised to see that Doug Wilson Sensei had started a blog on Budo Taijutsu. Wilson Sensei is a long time Japanese resident and gives another perspective into this art. Having met him at the New Jersey Tai Kai (only briefly) and watching him perform I am sure that everyone will enjoy this blog. Here is the link: http://henka.wordpress.com/

Enjoy!

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
"It seems that many of the past politics have become less of a problem. I think that this is because people have matured and are more confident in their abilities and there is less of a feeling of need of competition between Shidoshi."

I find it very interesting that a Japan resident is able to come to this conclusion - at least if it's meant to be true also on an international level.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
"It seems that many of the past politics have become less of a problem. I think that this is because people have matured and are more confident in their abilities and there is less of a feeling of need of competition between Shidoshi."

I find it very interesting that a Japan resident is able to come to this conclusion - at least if it's meant to be true also on an international level.

I think since Doug also travels and teaches seminars and I believe is a US resident that he is qualified to speak regarding his opinon regarding this.
icon6.gif

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
In a way, that makes things even more interesting, partially given the difference between seminars and daily training.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I am sure that he has a perspective that he wishes to let other's know about and I for one am interested in what he has to say.
icon14.gif

stephen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I have a feeling that the Japan residents hear a lot of chatter as people come and go. Particularly as some jockey for position.

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
That's cool! I used to train with him in San Diego when he taught as SDSU and over in Santee/Vista. He's really good, as are most products of Bill Atkins' training group.

Seattletcj

Green Belt
Reaction score
The Seattle Tenchijin dojo ( seattlebujinkan.net) will be hosting Mr Wilson in August (dates TBA). So if anyone is in the area, please stop by.
PM me for additional information.

newtothe dark

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Real nice Blog he is very knowlegable it seems thanks Brian as usual you are the man.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grey Eye Bandit are you dissing Doug Wilson? Because if you are then I thik you are truthfully missing out and I hope that is not the case.

Latest Discussions