NYPD ramp up their war against photographers and the Constitution.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm...I certainly see both sides to this story, however, I'm inclined to side a bit more with ballen. IMHO, first and foremost, whenever you're in a job that deals with the public, its my opinion that you need to use caution and think before you speak and/or act, due to the fact that you never know when you're being recorded/photographed. Now, I certainly understand peoples rights, and all that other stuff, but when you have the cops dealing with a hot situation, then, IMHO, the news people, as well as the general public/doo gooders, who feel it necessary to stick their nose where it doesnt belong, those people need to stay back and not act like *******s! Cop tells you to get back, dont be a dick, don't mouth off, STFU, and move back. With todays technology, I'm more than sure, that if they weren't close enough to the cop to smell what they had for lunch, that their cameras can zoom in close enough to get all the good stuff..lol.

Oh and as for the cop shoving that guy....LMAO...I'm sorry, but to me, it didn't look like he shoved him hard enough, to make him fall like that. I'd bet anything he fell on purpose to make it look worse than it was.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
http://youtu.be/M420M2_mOp8
Looked to me like the camera man was approaching them not the other way around

I dont disagree with you or bob Im only saying to claim NYPD is on a war is wrong. Are there some bad or uneducated police officers yes without a doubt. So are bad cops violating the laws yep. Is it an NYPD plot against a photographer I highly doubt it. There are millions of photos taken everyday in NYC its the tourist capital of the world so there are millions of cameras so I really dont see NYPD going around just smashing cameras

I don't think Bob was talking about the deliberate jerks. He was pointing out that PROFESSIONALS were being 'jammed up' by the police, people who do not make a living by exposing cops - if they don't have to - but report the news. and as it happens, police are most often present when news happens.

I have to agree with Bob: One incident is an uneducated officer. Two maybe as well, but it seems not only to be not isolated, but also escalated to the point of is a civilian did it it would be a case of assault.