Not the season until...?

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Doesn't matter what you may be celebrating this time of year, what is one thing that just makes it seem like the season?

Around here it is Grandma Gordons' sugar cookies that are shaped like little trees with green frosting and a red-hot for the star on top. Once those come out, it just feels like Christmas for us. No matter if the tree has been up and decorated, the house looking like Macys puked baubles all over for weeks, it's not Christmas until those cookies come out. For me it has been that way for as long as I have memories of Christmas, for my wife it is only the past 11 or 12 years.

What is your "indicator" that your particular mid-winter holiday season is upon you? I don't care if it is Kwanza, Chaunaka (sorry for that spelling), Christmas, Winter Solstic, or some private celebration that has been handed down through just your family contained in scrolls written in Cuneiform.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For me it's my first cup of hot cocoa with some homemade Christmas cookies..

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For us it is hot chocolate with tiny marshmellows

Is there any other way??? Wait I just answered my own question.. Yes, with a dallop of REAL whipped cream..

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is there any other way??? Wait I just answered my own question.. Yes, with a dallop of REAL whipped cream..

Yea but the kids love it there way, for adult a little Brandy helps

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I love it when my tree and home are decorated for the season.

Makes me feel festive and remind me of how lucky I am to have everything and everyone around me.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I love it when my tree and home are decorated for the season.

Makes me feel festive and remind me of how lucky I am to have everything and everyone around me.

It is nice when you remember those little things

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So by Christmas day, it is just straight brandy? :rofl:

For me egg nog, family gatherings, temperatures in the 70s (for Lisa), and an empty wallet. :p

JasonASmith

Black Belt
Reaction score
For me, it's the depression and misery kicking in...which is happening now...My childhood memories of the holiday season are not good, unfortunately...Thankfully I get to see my son and daughter's faces light up when they get their gifts...That(and a large dose of Dr. Beam's magical remedy) take the edge off...Happy Holidays All...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For me, it's the depression and misery kicking in...which is happening now...My childhood memories of the holiday season are not good, unfortunately...Thankfully I get to see my son and daughter's faces light up when they get their gifts...That(and a large dose of Dr. Beam's magical remedy) take the edge off...Happy Holidays All...

Here's hoping you get through it all right Jason..Yes, Dr. Beams is a big help..Wishing the best to you and yours...

Shotochem

Purple Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score

Lighten up Jason it's all about the kids.:)

I have similar holiday memories and choose not to associate with those who have provided them in the past. A small cozy gathering with the wife and kids is the perfect remedy.......

along with that cup of coffee with Drambuie.:ultracool

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Actually for me it is being out somewhere and hearing someone get angry about some silly thing and use a statement like

&#8221;For crying out loud it&#8217;s (pick the expletive of your choice) Christmas&#8221;

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Unfortunately this is the case for many people. The holiday's can be a very depressing time. Just remember that you are giving your children good memories and enjoy your Jim Beam. *hugs*

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually for me it is being out somewhere and hearing someone get angry about some silly thing and use a statement like

”For crying out loud it’s (pick the expletive of your choice) Christmas”

:lfao:

Oh, I hear ya on that one! lol

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The tree is put up with the sounds of classic Christmas songs playing, the wine flowing and the annual watching of "Christmas Vacation".

And we bang out over 24 MILLION packages in a day - go big brown!

Latest Discussions