Politically Incorrect Poem - Merry Christmas!

jetboatdeath

Blue Belt
Reaction score
T'was The Month Before Christmas
When all through our land,
Not a Christian was praying
Nor taking a stand.
See the PC Police had taken away,
The reason for Christmas - no one could say.
The children were told by their schools not to sing,
About Shepherds and Wise Men and Angels and things.
It might hurt people's feelings, the teachers would say
December 25th is just a ' Holiday.
Yet the shoppers were ready with cash, checks and credit
Pushing folks down to the floor just to get it!
CDs from Madonna, an X BOX, an I-pod
Something was changing, something quite odd!
Retailers promoted Ramadan and Kwanzaa
In hopes to sell books by Franken & Fonda.
As Target was hanging their trees upside down
At Lowes the word Christmas - was no where to be found.
At K-Mart and Staples and Penny's and Sears
You won't hear the word Christmas; it won't touch your ears.
Inclusive, sensitive, Di-ver-si-ty
Are words that were used to intimidate me.
Now Daschle, Now Darden, Now Sharpton, Wolf Blitzen
On Boxer, on Rather, on Kerry, on Clinton !
At the top of the Senate, there arose such a clatter
To eliminate Jesus, in all public matter.
And we spoke not a word, as they took away our faith
Forbidden to speak of salvation and grace.
The true Gift of Christmas was exchanged and discarded
The reason for the season, stopped before it started.
So as you celebrate 'Winter Break' under your 'Dream Tree'
Sipping your Starbucks, listen to me.
Choose your words carefully, choose what you say
Shout MERRY CHRISTMAS , not Happy Holiday!
Please, all Christians join together and wish everyone you meet during
the holidays a MERRY CHRISTMAS
Christ is 'The Reason' for the Christmas Season!

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I like your poem.

Does Target really hang their trees upside down now? I actually rather like that idea. I wish I could figure out how to do that in my own home.

CrimsonPhoenix

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Great poem. Thank you for posting this!

I will continue being politically incorrect.... Merry Christmas everyone!

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
when I get the "Happy Holidays" I respond with: "Thank You so much!!! ...Merry Christmas to you and Happy HOLY-DAYS to you" that typically gets me an evil look to which I smile, turn & walk away.....

I think I'm going straight to hell..........
Merry Christmas ! !! Everybody!!
j,

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
I thought the poem was a bunch of paranoid bullocks.

And Merry Christmas to All.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I expect those of the Jewish faith to wish everyone around them a Happy Hanukkah (though I've only seen it twice); I'm often wished Happy Kwanzaa ... by everyfreakinbody ... and I do still hear Merry Christmas from my neighbors, friends, students and their families and Happy Holidays from athiests.

So ... I think we need to stop taking responsibility for everyone's sleeved feelings. If you don't like being barraged by lights, trees, decor and music between Halloween and New Years, then stock up all year for that two-month period and stay the freak inside.

Otherwise, you *could* stop taking yourself to damn seriously and enjoy that others are having a good time, are celebrating something that is special to them in their own way. Better that than mass hysteria, rioting, looting, etcetera.

Oh ... and ...

MERRY
CHRISTMAS!

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I thought the poem was a bunch of paranoid bullocks.

And Merry Christmas to All.

:asian:

If you don't like being barraged by lights, trees, decor and music between Halloween and New Years, then stock up all year for that two-month period and stay the freak inside.
Actually, I do just that. :D

Few methods of group cohesion are as effective as a belief in persecution. It speaks to such hard-wired instincts as fear of death, safety in numbers, and the smug pleasure of superiority over the unwashed. In the United States, there is no widespread persecution of Christians, or of Christ. There has never been such persecution. Deal with it.

Personally, I hate everything about Christmas. I have no problem with Jesus or His legacy. What I don't like is how that legacy is ritually mutilated into something unrecognizable - a capitalist glut in which people are literally killed for a discount on a TV set. I think it also says a lot that at this "most wonderful time of the year," the suicide rate peaks.

I'd be a lot happier with Christmas if it held closer to it's original meaning of Christ-mass. Or better yet, since we have no dependable record of when His birth actually occurred, let's be honest about the original Christmas practice - observing the winter solstice and the return of daylight. In other words, the light of the world. :uhyeah: There's nothing wrong with that, and cultures around the world have beautiful and rich traditions dedicated to it. And it's completely compatible with celebrating the birth of Jesus to sit up all night communing with friends and loved ones to greet the sunrise with a special celebration.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Happy Chrismahanukwanzakah!

And, may you enjoy the solstice full tilt.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I like your poem.

Does Target really hang their trees upside down now? I actually rather like that idea. I wish I could figure out how to do that in my own home.

You can buy them. More on that here.

Oh, and MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I think that this entire sentiment is BS. My belief is that the entire concept of political correctness is an excuse to foist one's own beliefs onto other people under the guise of NOT being politically correct. I can say just about whatever I want to you, no matter how offensive, if I preface it by saying, "Forgive me for not being politically correct, but...."

I have absolutely no problem with people saying, "Merry Christmas." I also have zero issues with people saying, "Happy Holidays." It's a non-issue. But it turns my stomach when some self-righteous zealot insists that this is Jesus Day. Please. Get off your high horse and stop being so politically correct.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
when I get the "Happy Holidays" I respond with: "Thank You so much!!! ...Merry Christmas to you and Happy HOLY-DAYS to you" that typically gets me an evil look to which I smile, turn & walk away.....

I think I'm going straight to hell..........
Merry Christmas ! !! Everybody!!
j,
Couple of things. First, I doubt you've ever actually done this. It's a cute story, but while I've read stories like this, I've not once in my years of working in retail, in sales and in just interacting with other Americans, seen something like this occur in real life. So, forgive me, but I don't believe you. I've seen some reprehensible behavior in my time, but my experience is that when it occurs, it's done without thought and not planned out as you suggest.

That said, let's presume you did do this. You're saying it's something you've thought out. You've got your script all ready to go. Why? What do you hope to gain? Are you really so threatened and upset during what is for you (I'm guessing) a happy, joyful season? Are you so easily offended and thin skinned? Is your intent to make people around you feel uncomfortable or just bad? I don't get it.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score

Few methods of group cohesion are as effective as a belief in persecution. It speaks to such hard-wired instincts as fear of death, safety in numbers, and the smug pleasure of superiority over the unwashed. In the United States, there is no widespread persecution of Christians, or of Christ. There has never been such persecution. Deal with it.

Personally, I hate everything about Christmas. I have no problem with Jesus or His legacy. What I don't like is how that legacy is ritually mutilated into something unrecognizable - a capitalist glut in which people are literally killed for a discount on a TV set. I think it also says a lot that at this "most wonderful time of the year," the suicide rate peaks.

I'd be a lot happier with Christmas if it held closer to it's original meaning of Christ-mass. Or better yet, since we have no dependable record of when His birth actually occurred, let's be honest about the original Christmas practice - observing the winter solstice and the return of daylight. In other words, the light of the world. :uhyeah: There's nothing wrong with that, and cultures around the world have beautiful and rich traditions dedicated to it. And it's completely compatible with celebrating the birth of Jesus to sit up all night communing with friends and loved ones to greet the sunrise with a special celebration.

It's funny how you start off complaining about smug superiority and then go off on a tirade about how everybody's doing it wrong. I would suspect that the 'mutilation of the legacy' or whatever probably has more to do with atheists like me who choose to continue a tradition passed to us by our more religious parents. Most of the people that I know who are actually religious, rather than those who use the "I'm not religious I'm spiritual" copout, tend to focus on the birth of Christ rather than the gifts and pageantry. I'm more of a "ho-ho-ho and mistletoe and presents for pretty girls" kinda guy. Sorry if that bothers you, but I'm having a great time. And I've managed not to stab anyone in the neck over a cheap DVD player. Yet. As far as I know.

Oh, and that increase in suicides? Not so much.

Regarding the OP - this poem offends me deeply, and I must naturally expect that you and everybody on the internet must never utter those words again here or in any other forum, lest mine eyes chance upon it and my self-esteem be dealt a heavy blow.

Nah, j/k. Merry Christmas.

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think that this entire sentiment is BS. My belief is that the entire concept of political correctness is an excuse to foist one's own beliefs onto other people under the guise of NOT being politically correct. I can say just about whatever I want to you, no matter how offensive, if I preface it by saying, "Forgive me for not being politically correct, but...."

I have absolutely no problem with people saying, "Merry Christmas." I also have zero issues with people saying, "Happy Holidays." It's a non-issue. But it turns my stomach when some self-righteous zealot insists that this is Jesus Day. Please. Get off your high horse and stop being so politically correct.

In the South we just add "...bless your heart" on the end of everything.

For example: "I just can't believe some people are so stupid to think that Christmas is about anything other than celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, bless their hearts"

See how that works? LOL

The whole thing's gone completely out to left field. If you don't want to participate in the celebration then don't, but it's an established holiday and ritual as the majority of Americans are Christian so get over it.

Just shut your pie-hole already, celebrate if you want and however you want and stop trying to ruin it for everybody else.

And quit wasting my tax money tieing up the court system with your frivolous law-suits fighting it.

by the way....

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well, bless your heart! :lol:

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nonsense like this is why I say, "have a nice day." I don't really like knowing who has a flimsy grasp on their own faith. It's as if pool ol' Jesus will vanish on 'em if they're not braying about Christmas constantly. (Doubly funny since the whole anti PC guff just amounts to people with a different agenda trying to impose their own collection of PC rules about what can and can't be spoken of.)

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
Note: Problem with my keyboard settings, so some of the characters are wonky, like my apostrophe -- è

That goes to another issue not specifically addressed in the poem, but one which affects many. I think many people experience pressure to be happy and involved in the Christmas Season. Add up the school concerts, visits with family, financial stress, and the overall kitch, and it does wear people down. Additionally, for lots of people, the family Christmas gathering is a gluttonous alcohol-induced hostage drama than a celebration. My objection to the poem is that while the above are probably connected to a lost meaning of Christmas, they donèt really have anything to do with PC or with the presence of other celebrations -- Hannukah, Ramadan, Kwanzaa, etc.

QFT. Christmas and Christianity are not under siege in North America. They merely share the stage with other events and beliefs. PC is invoked as a phantom menace by people who say, Ièm going to be terribly un-PC now and wish you a Merry Christmas.

Ièm non-religious myself. Even from my secular perch, I appreciate the core meaning of the celebration. The narrative that drives the event is compelling and highly relevant, even for a relative non-believer such as myself.

The commercialization and distortion of Christmas have been around for a long time. I certainly agree that the season has become about getting stuff at all costs; I just buy the connections that are being made in the poem:

Retailers promoted Ramadan and Kwanzaa
In hopes to sell books by Franken & Fonda.

I donèt get it. Does Fonda even write books anymore. I think Franken is Jewish, but to my knowledge has never voiced any contempt for Christmas. Nor do I get the references to various other politicians, pundits, and other figures. Ièm not seeing how any of these folks takes point in the war on Christmas.

Latest Discussions