Ninjustu acceptance in the Martail Arts World

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have been with my wife both times she gave birth. I cannot imagine anything more painful childbirth and the stuff that comes before and especially after. I guess having a leg amputated without anaesthetics would hurt less. It'd be over quicker in any case.

And what's amazing is that she did it twice. I mean I can see anyone going for the first kid. Even men if they could have them. You really have no real idea what is going to happen the first time, other than that it will probably not be pleasant. But having gone through 1 childbirth, and deciding to have another one...
If men had to deliver them, I doubt we'd still be around today, as a species. :)

Ladies, my hat's off for you.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sure thing!!

You are the man Bruno... I will make sure to pray for you!

Whats also funny to me is I have a mental picture of you guys racing to your computers like Bat man and robin running to the Bust to flip the head push a button and slide down a pole every time I post.. I hope you guys are having fun wasting your time... P.S you will never get this time back.... HA HA HA...

And, frankly, you will never get the time back you waste on this "Kumori Ryu" either. I really don't see how everyone telling you that what you are doing is a bad idea, and gets you laughed out of serious conversation is in any way something you can see as evidence that you should continue doing what you're doing....

But, for everyone else, does the last line or two (about us "wasting our time") not read to you as a deliberate admission of trolling? And I'm pretty sure I read something about that being against the TOS somewhere....

Indagator

Blue Belt
Reaction score
That is a bold assumption, Kumori, to assume that nobody else would have piercings or tunnels, let alone that others out there could not handle the pain.
Back in my Muay Thai days I regularly trained and fought through bone breakages, ligament tears, sprains and strains and other severe injuries. I've had some decent coverage with tattoos, and many piercings (face, body and I will admit that even on a drunken dare in my youth I received what's referred to as a "P.A." which is definitely right up there on the pain scale!)
Not to mention another thread on here in which a number of legitimate ninjutsu practitioners admit to tattoos, including many with large areas of coverage.
Heck, I have spent time in a country where many indigenous folk continue to practice facial tattoo - often with home made tattoo machines, or even a sort of hammer and chisel method (which is the way it was ancestrally practiced). So if it is a "I can handle more than others" kind of a thing, where do you draw the line? Surely a couple of piercings are the lower end of the scale, friend.

But honestly, what (aside from ego) does your claim to a higher threshold of pain here actually prove or achieve? What is the worth of going back and forth about who has what pierced or tattooed or branded or whatever the young folk do to their bodies these days...?

Does it legitimise your "Kumori ryu ninjutsu" or stand as testimony to its credibility?

No.

Is it relevant...?

No.

Throughout life we experience many truths, these truths can be as soft as a feather or as sharp as a sword (or anything in between of course).
Throughout your experience with MT you have experienced many swords of truth. Perhaps, brother, it is time to accept some hard truths, move on and grow through it.

Like all things in this journey, you are being challenged to move from a static state into new growth - accept it and go with the flow of the changing tides. Do not cease to move ever forwards.

If your aspiration is truly ninjutsu, then please take heed of the words of those who have spent many years - in some cases the majority of their lives - in the art, and who know what they are saying.
Their advice remains charitable, for they still continue to strive in pointing you in the right direction.

Humility can be a difficult virtue to practice, but the benefits it yields pay dividends.

Gambatte kudasai!

Burnse

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello Kumori,

Allow me to present myself: Multimedia Designer, 4 years, undergraduate. You don't know who I am or what I've done but allow me to suggest that the studies and projects I have undertaken have indeed been impressive. I have gleaned much knowledge from my teachers and am confident when I say I know my web design.

So just a note about your website; you've used many bold colours over the course of one page with rather large fonts. This actually destracts from the professional appearance and is the equivelant to typing in caps - it's irritating for the eye and just attention-seeking behaviour. Three colours are usually the maximum required for one page, two being preferable.
The red on gold only works if the tones compliment each other. On that page the red is too bright and the gold has too much brown so they clash and it becomes hard to read. The bright blue of 'Discipline' is harsh and the warm blue of 'Movement' is lost in the gold. A different colour behind it to act as a backdrop or different shades of blue would help.
You could also afford to get a higher-quality image of the I.M.F logo, there's a nice one on the first page when you google-search them. To be honest I did question why someone who has been granted such a high level of prestige would only have access to a low-res image, but I know it's easy to save things as the wrong format.
I'd suggest a new colourscheme overall. Perhaps a green and purple background to match the green glow against your title kanji, and a yellow font.

Now I have noticed there have been several attempts to correct your approach to Ninjutsu which you have dismissed as rudeness. Allow me to present you with this analogy to help you understand why they insist on doing so.

Scenario: I've been learning english for a year. I can say hello, goodbye and all those important things really well. People look at me funny and say they don't know what I'm saying or they can't understand my accent, which I think is rude so I don't talk to them. I think it's a great language So I've become an english teacher to continue showing the true beauty of the language. I'm still learning from books written in english while I teach others how to pronounce these new words I have only ever read.
Why this is flawed: I don't know the local slang. Most conversations will go beyond the basic phrases which I'm saying so badly that most people don't understand me. I'm teaching other people how to mispronounce words and giving them the wrong meanings without realizing. They can converse in my classes perfectly but everyone else can't hold a conversation with them.
Why this leads to correction: All the English classes here and losing students because they've heard that my students can't talk to the British let along Australians or Americans. The other teachers won't talk to me. I was just trying to show them how lovely the language could be...

Under Teacher:
"Hello, how are you?" "I am good thankyou, sir."

As a Teacher:
"Hello, how are you?" "Beneficient a are gratitude, cousin."

It's a lovely thought but if you try to teach before you are ready or qualified, you're hurting more than helping.

Thankyou For Your Time, And May The Spirit Of The Salmon Be With You As You Swim Upstream In Life.

P.S. I have had one web design class in four years and I barely passed.
Now go take a good hard look at the wisdom and experience of web design I have passed onto you. Just imagine how you would have felt if you'd gone to all that effort to change your website only to find out it didn't work. I honestly believe most of those changes will improve the look but I don't have the training and practice or even credentials to teach you how to make a better website. All I have is a title and a few bits I picked up from my teacher to look like I know.
Please don't do that to your Uke/students/study group. It's not fair to you or them.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I've been reading this thread from the beginning. As I said, I don't have a real stake in this, so I've refrained to this point. But since things are getting weird, I figured I'd share my opinion with the OP.

Bottom line for me is, there is nothing wrong with doing what you enjoy. I have played Dungeons and Dragons since the 6th grade and still do so with some friends. I've never enjoyed dressing up and LARPing, but of course I've run into people who do. Society for Creative Anachronism, Renaissance fairs, the works. Not my thing, but people I am genuinely fond of like it and I like them.

I have friends with tattoos, piercings and all manner of body art. As far as I'm concerned, if you like it, it's not illegal or overtly self destructive, and it makes you happy, by all means enjoy yourself. Knock yourself out.

But be realistic about what you're doing. There's nothing wrong with pretending to be a ninja in the mythical sense. It borders on mental illness, however, if you are unable to distinguish between pretend and real life. Of all of the things discussed in this thread, this inability to discern reality from fantasy is the only concern I have.

If you enjoy pretending to be a ninja, I think that's great. Have fun. Make darts and youtube videos and whatever else you want to do. Put on your costumes and have at it. But understand that what you're doing is imagination. It's a creative outlet, not a martial outlet.

To put this into context. I train in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I'm a purple belt with a legit school, but I have zero interest in learning any striking. While I can claim to be a Mixed Martial Artist, it wouldn't be true. I train in an art that intersects MMA, but I'm no more an MMA'ist than you are. Now, if I wanted to pretend to be a UFC fighter and horse around in my garage or back yard with my friends, there's nothing wrong with that. If I actually thought that the pretending and horsing around was ACTUAL training, I'd be in the same boat as you.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Just to reiterate the above, Jon, I looked at the photos on your site and you look like you're having a blast. Have fun. Just distinguish between what you're doing and what people like Chris Parker and others are doing. The difference is profound.

Your "ninjutsu" is the equivalent of baking a case with an Easy Bake Oven and they're professional pastry chefs. Doesn't make the Easy Bake cake any less delicious, but comparing it to the work of a professional pastry chef is insulting to the chef. It undervalues the seriousness of their dedication to their craft.

This picture in particular really looks genuine. Keep doing that. Just understand that it's play:

tn_1200_150013_865213004270_22925048_47567987_5573022_n.jpg.jpg