NH TaeKwon Do instructor up on 2nd pedo charge; police asking victims to report

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
September 27, 2011:
He was arrested Monday in Goffstown and is being held on $50,000 cash or surety bail.Police are urging anyone with any relevant information about Watts to come forward."If there are any other victims of this type of crime at the hand of Mr. Watts or anybody else, we would also want people to call and report that," Ledoux said.
http://www.wmur.com/news/29305873/detail.html

August 23, 2011: TKD instructor Richard Watts arrested for assaulting a student under the age of 13 -- at his home
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20110823/NEWS03/708249968

NSRTKD

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sexual assault is dispicable in any situation... but when a person is in a position of authority and trust with a minor and commits such things, it makes me wrathfully angry. For a person with such urges to allow him or herself to come into a position of power with kids, or to stay in a position of power when such urges arise is the deepest kind of disgusting.

Innocent until proven guilty, I know, but this guy earns a big head shake from me at this stage. If it were my child, I can't say honestly that that's all he would get from me.

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes, a tragedy. As great a tragedy as if Jersey Shore got cancelled.
are you serious? The children in question had their childhood ripped from them from someone they were supposed to trust and learn from and you compare it to the cancelling of a show that only people of a "lesser" intelligence can understand? Come on....really?

NSRTKD

Green Belt
Reaction score
I guess next time I should preface such a post with "Warning: Sarcasm Ahead." I was referring to the vigilante beatdown mentioned by Cyriacus as "tragic", not the crime. But I see you did not pick up on the subtlety, and I'm sorry you took it that way. Let me be clear: I don't watch Jersey Shore because it's a disgusting mockery of human beings, so I would not be saddened if it was cancelled, just as I would not be saddened if the pedophile listed above got his head caved in. I was never at any time saying that kids being molested was comparable to the cancelling of a stupid show!!!

Better?

ETA: If I was wrong and Cyriacus actually meant that the beatdown of the perpetrator would be truly tragic, then my comment would be inappropriate, and I would disagree with him. But I read Cy's post as sarcastic, and responded with sarcasm, trying to imply that I would not be upset by the perpetrator getting said beatdown. Guess I need to use the "reply with quote" feature more often since some people don't actually read the posts before to see where the train of conversation led. Apologies, again.

Last edited:

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
I guess next time I should preface such a post with "Warning: Sarcasm Ahead." I was referring to the vigilante beatdown mentioned by Cyriacus as "tragic", not the crime. But I see you did not pick up on the subtlety, and I'm sorry you took it that way. Let me be clear: I don't watch Jersey Shore because it's a disgusting mockery of human beings, so I would not be saddened if it was cancelled, just as I would not be saddened if the pedophile listed above got his head caved in. I was never at any time saying that kids being molested was comparable to the cancelling of a stupid show!!!

Better?

ETA: If I was wrong and Cyriacus actually meant that the beatdown of the perpetrator would be truly tragic, then my comment would be inappropriate, and I would disagree with him. But I read Cy's post as sarcastic, and responded with sarcasm, trying to imply that I would not be upset by the perpetrator getting said beatdown. Guess I need to use the "reply with quote" feature more often since some people don't actually read the posts before to see where the train of conversation led. Apologies, again.

Not to Worry - I was being Sarcastic. :)

It sounded better to say what I did, than something like... Eh... *Puts on Blunt Hat*
"Someone should cave the ******* head in with a sledgehammer."
That just sounds... Meh.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Better?

I picked up the point immediately I read it, I'd put it down to non Commonwealth people not understanding our way of putting things, it's common here to phrase things like that.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It would be a Real Tragedy if he was Released from Custody, and a Band of Vigilantes Caved his Skull in.

Yes, it would, actually.

First, because it would be a victory for the rule of the lawless instead of the rule of law. Second because our legal system contains the presumption of innocence until proven guilty.

It's important that we try to find any more victims of this monster; it's important that he be brought to trial and if guilty, made to pay for his crimes. It's also important that we respect the rule of law. He allegedly didn't; but that's no excuse for the rest of us.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I know we somethings say things for emphasis, not because we intend it, but Bill is right on. We are still generally recognized around the world as a country of law. I personally wouldn't want to see that change, no matter the monstrousness of any individual suspected, or even convicted of a crime.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes, it would, actually.

First, because it would be a victory for the rule of the lawless instead of the rule of law. Second because our legal system contains the presumption of innocence until proven guilty.

It's important that we try to find any more victims of this monster; it's important that he be brought to trial and if guilty, made to pay for his crimes. It's also important that we respect the rule of law. He allegedly didn't; but that's no excuse for the rest of us.

Im Aware of this.

But id hardly call it a Victory of the Lawless - I used to Live near a Pedophile.
I never did anything - But the constant Drive-By Taunting, Rocks being put through his Windows, and Graffitti probably Annoyed Me as much as Him (Do People have to wait until 3am to Vandalise things? :p)

Lawlessness is not Fun.
And if anyone did it, theyd be Penalized for it, Regardless of how Justified the Action is.

That said, the System is hardly Perfect.
If he were to get out Unscathed (In terms of being found Guilty or Not Guilty I mean), but it was known that he was Guilty (A Child Identifying him has yet to be Sufficient in Court from what ive seen. In this Country, anyway. Physical Evidence is needed), would it not be Harmful to allow him the Freedom to Act again?

NSRTKD

Green Belt
Reaction score
I know we somethings say things for emphasis, not because we intend it, but Bill is right on. We are still generally recognized around the world as a country of law. I personally wouldn't want to see that change, no matter the monstrousness of any individual suspected, or even convicted of a crime.
From a moral standpoint, I am inclined to agree, because there are many false accusations made against innocent people every day, but as a parent, there is an ire about this sort of thing that makes it hard to question the man's guilt. Would I take such action myself? No, absolutely not, but I cannot honestly say as I would shed a tear if I heard about it on the news.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Im Aware of this.

But id hardly call it a Victory of the Lawless - I used to Live near a Pedophile.
I never did anything - But the constant Drive-By Taunting, Rocks being put through his Windows, and Graffitti probably Annoyed Me as much as Him (Do People have to wait until 3am to Vandalise things? :p)

Lawlessness is not Fun.
And if anyone did it, theyd be Penalized for it, Regardless of how Justified the Action is.

That said, the System is hardly Perfect.
If he were to get out Unscathed (In terms of being found Guilty or Not Guilty I mean), but it was known that he was Guilty (A Child Identifying him has yet to be Sufficient in Court from what ive seen. In this Country, anyway. Physical Evidence is needed), would it not be Harmful to allow him the Freedom to Act again?

A man living here in Detroit a couple years ago was murdered. He had his head cut off. Turns out, he was on the Sex Offender Registry. As such, he could not find a job, nor a place to live. He lived in his truck and did odd jobs for cash. He was lured to a garage on the promise of work doing some moving and he was killed and decapitated in a thrill kill by some teenagers who decided that society didn't need his kind of predator living amongst us, and they took it upon themselves to do a good deed for society.

Problem was, his 'sex crime' was having sex with his girlfriend when she was a few months younger than 18. They were a couple; but her parents objected and had him arrested on statutory rape charges. He pled guilty and was released on probation, but was a 'sex offender' for life. Ten years later, still living in his truck, no job, no home, no prospects of a future, some idiots cut his head off. Yeah, that helped society a whole bunch.

The system is not perfect. But I'd be thrilled to see vigilantes in prison right alongside the people they decided to enforce their own person justice on.

And would you kindly stop capitalizing every word in a sentence? I realize you probably don't intend it, but it's vandalizing my brain this early in the morning.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
A man living here in Detroit a couple years ago was murdered. He had his head cut off. Turns out, he was on the Sex Offender Registry. As such, he could not find a job, nor a place to live. He lived in his truck and did odd jobs for cash. He was lured to a garage on the promise of work doing some moving and he was killed and decapitated in a thrill kill by some teenagers who decided that society didn't need his kind of predator living amongst us, and they took it upon themselves to do a good deed for society.

Now To Clarify, If any Violent Vigilantism were to take Place, id consider Murder to be Unacceptable. Regardless of the Crime.
Beat Him Up? Sure. Ribs Heal. Bruises Heal.
But Kill Him? No Way.

Problem was, his 'sex crime' was having sex with his girlfriend when she was a few months younger than 18. They were a couple; but her parents objected and had him arrested on statutory rape charges. He pled guilty and was released on probation, but was a 'sex offender' for life. Ten years later, still living in his truck, no job, no home, no prospects of a future, some idiots cut his head off. Yeah, that helped society a whole bunch.

A bit Different to Pedophilia, but I get your Point.

The system is not perfect. But I'd be thrilled to see vigilantes in prison right alongside the people they decided to enforce their own person justice on.

And would you kindly stop capitalizing every word in a sentence? I realize you probably don't intend it, but it's vandalizing my brain this early in the morning.

It isnt EVERY Word :)
But it isnt fitting in some places (Capitolising).
Blame that on the Fact its 11:12 PM.

Or just think of it as a Psychological Assault on your Poor, Tired Brain.

Now I Have You! If I Keep This Up, Soon You Will Be Unable To Fight Back. Ha HA!

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yes, a tragedy. As great a tragedy as if Jersey Shore got cancelled.
Better yet, have him casted in the Jersey Shore and we can just watch him claw his own eyes out and eventually kill himself. That way our hands are clean. :)

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score

Good luck with that crusade Bill, I've discussed it with Cyriacus before on here...

Please Cyriacus, take note that while we enjoy conversing with you, your strange typing style really does irritate people.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good luck with that crusade Bill, I've discussed it with Cyriacus before on here...

Please Cyriacus, take note that while we enjoy conversing with you, your strange typing style really does irritate people.

I know :)
But then, all Lowercase annoys Me much more than what I do could annoy any of You.
And Ill* iterate that I do such things alot less than in the Past.

I am however finding a Middle Ground, by using them mainly to identify "States" and Referencial Identities (Like, Me. I. Him.). Like Middle Grounds.

At least, I do when im more Awake :D
*Yes, well, Im** questioning that one Myself.
**And this one.

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Speaking as a high school teacher, parent, coach, and assistant instructor: DO NOT PUT YOURSELF OR YOUR KIDS IN QUESTIONABLE SITUATIONS, EVER! If you are alone with a student in a non-public setting, it's your word against theirs. At the very least you would be a fool for risking your career. In the court of public opinion, this guy is finished regardless of what happened. I'm a little surprised to read the 'beatdown' comments above, unless the writer has personal knowledge of the situation. I have no use for CSO's either, but have seen slanderous lies used by people with an axe to grind and nothing to lose.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
If You lead a Crusade, however;

Please bring plenty of Supplies.

So I can steal them when you fling your Skeletal Warriors at me, to break to dust against my Brick Walls.

Latest Discussions