New Tracy DVDs

BJTipton11

White Belt
Reaction score
http://kenpokaratellc.com/dvd.html

These DVDs are amazing. The quick reference DVDs are finished Yellow through 5th black. The instructors training DVDs are super in depth and a must have for any serious kenpo practitioner. Steve Finn has put out a super product!

From Mr. Tracys web page. Mr. Finn will be doing more DVDs on Tracys Kenpo. If you are interested in Tracys kenpo, Steve Finn is the best.

http://tracyskarate.com/Archives/week_3.htm

Brandon

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming that you've seen them, and are giving us a review? If so, could you expand a bit on what you like about them?

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
They are Quick Reference DVDs rather than in-depth instructional DVDs. Each DVD contains the self defense techniques performed slowly, then at about 1/2 to 3/4 speed/power. Each DVD has techniques performed in the air, on an opponent, then each basic and kata shown at a slowed pace and again at about 3/4 speed.

There is no in-depth theoretical instruction. The DVDs are very simple, and very quickly to the point. They show HOW to do everything, no whys.

I have seen many instructional DVDs where someone will begin a technique, and then take as much as 5 minutes to get to the end, stopping to explain every little nuance or variation along the way. While they are certainly a valuable resource and have their place, it will be nice to have a set that shows the movement, and moves on.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification Dave. :)

DBZ

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I have the yellow belt dvd and it is very good

Latest Discussions