New to the forum...

Koryuhoka

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hello all;

I was looking for martial arts info online (as I usually do), and I found this forum. I read a few posts and thought it would be a great place to start anew.
I am from NYC, the Bronx, to be exact. I have been out of commision for quite a few years and have just begun to train again.
I taught Okinawan Goju Ryu to a small handful of people but old injuries got the best of me.
I am a kata dissector :)
Been around for a long time. I am also familiar with qigong, tuidijutsu and other related subjects.
Thanks for accepting me.

K.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome! I am really pleased to have you with us. Enjoy your time here and share your experiences with us. :wavey:

- Ceicei

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great what a value you disect Kata's now that would make a great thread. looking forward to it.
Terry

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

Mike

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome! Disecting katas are good, and I like doing that as well. Look forward to seeing you around!

Robert Lee

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Welcome i am new here myself. Most bunkis break kata down to appliaction and defence. Kata is just a chapter of learning that each move is a seperate action in broken application. And as you have trained go ju. You notice some of the old kata has lost its understanding by some koru katas The hidden joint locks have not been passed down as well as they should have been.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk. Happy Posting! :asian:

Latest Discussions