New member from Quebec City

morlock

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi,

I stumbled upon MT while looking for informations about Nick Cerio's Kempo (specifically, this post: The Forms of Nick Cerio's Kenpo), the style I practice in the Studios Unis d'Auto-défence (United Self-Defence Studios, free translation) franchise in Quebec City.

I'm currently 3kyu (first level of the brown belt) and getting seriouser (seriously!) about the path to the black belt and beyond.

I'm interested in ryukyu kobudo and the Okinawan origins of karate, as well as the multi facets of karate. My vision is that karate is a mental, physical and moral self-improvement system. I like to see it taught with respect for the practitioner's own motivations, goals, physical and mental abilities. I aspire to become an instructor on the other side of the kyu/dan transition.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, bro. :)

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hi,

I stumbled upon MT while looking for informations about Nick Cerio's Kempo (specifically, this post: The Forms of Nick Cerio's Kenpo), the style I practice in the Studios Unis d'Auto-défence (United Self-Defence Studios, free translation) franchise in Quebec City.

I'm currently 3kyu (first level of the brown belt) and getting seriouser (seriously!) about the path to the black belt and beyond.

I'm interested in ryukyu kobudo and the Okinawan origins of karate, as well as the multi facets of karate. My vision is that karate is a mental, physical and moral self-improvement system. I like to see it taught with respect for the practitioner's own motivations, goals, physical and mental abilities. I aspire to become an instructor on the other side of the kyu/dan transition.
Hello welcome along, it is nice to have you here and good to hear some of your thoughts :) What kind of instructor will you be do you think? Wishes to you x

OP
morlock

morlock

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What kind of instructor will I be? That is an incredible question really. Time for some introspection and goal setting!

I'll give it some thoughts and start a thread on the topic.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk