New karate kid tv series

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
So just saw this. When I first heard the idea I thought it was terrible but seeing the trailer it could have good potential if they do it right. The idea of johnny Lawrence training people in karate and Daniel being against it is interesting and I think if made correctly it could be a good series that shows the true values of martial arts something most martial art movies and series don't show enough of these days.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
unfortunately Machio is not a good actor. he was ok as an awkward 80's teen but looking at this clip,,,his acting and the script look a little questionable.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
unfortunately Machio is not a good actor. he was ok as an awkward 80's teen but looking at this clip,,,his acting and the script look a little questionable.
I don’t think he was that good in the original. More like just passable than ok as an actor. Other than My Cousin Vinny, what’s he done? There’s a reason IMO. Think about how popular he was at the release of Karate Kid 1 and 2. I think the story and Morita (Miyagi) are what made Macchio, not Macchio himself. Maybe I’m wrong; I’m not the best Hollywood critic.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So just saw this. When I first heard the idea I thought it was terrible but seeing the trailer it could have good potential if they do it right. The idea of johnny Lawrence training people in karate and Daniel being against it is interesting and I think if made correctly it could be a good series that shows the true values of martial arts something most martial art movies and series don't show enough of these days.

There was a thread here a few weeks ago or so about it. That trailer makes the storyline look somewhat different than before. The other trailers looked like Larusso and Johnny were friends, and Johnny opening Cobra Kai renewed the rivalry. This trailer seems like Johnny’s a bum, they weren’t friends, and opening Cobra Kai is going to turn it all around for Johnny. Renewed rivalry still intact though.

Anarax

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
There was a thread here a few weeks ago or so about it. That trailer makes the storyline look somewhat different than before. The other trailers looked like Larusso and Johnny were friends, and Johnny opening Cobra Kai renewed the rivalry. This trailer seems like Johnny’s a bum, they weren’t friends, and opening Cobra Kai is going to turn it all around for Johnny. Renewed rivalry still intact though.

Yeah, the one I posted seemed rather different.

So was there a fountain of youth on the original Karate Kid set? Ralp Macchio, William Zabka(Johnny) and Elisabeth Shue have all aged extremely well.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, the one I posted seemed rather different.

So was there a fountain of youth on the original Karate Kid set? Ralp Macchio, William Zabka(Johnny) and Elisabeth Shue have all aged extremely well.
Now that you mention it, yeah. How come I never noticed that before?

Reedone816

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It seems like cobra kai will be the good guy here...

Sent from my BV8000Pro using Tapatalk

Reedone816

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I tend to agree.
I read it somewhere that ralph attitude in real live should mark him as bad guy.
New guy come to the neighborhood, steal your girlfriend, and in the end beat you in the competition...

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I read it somewhere that ralph attitude in real live should mark him as bad guy.
New guy come to the neighborhood, steal your girlfriend, and in the end beat you in the competition...

He has a bad attitude in real life or the movie? Or both?

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

I'll be honest, I was pretty freakin excited when I heard about this... XD. Karate kid is the bomb.. I only hope it will be available elsewhere too and not just YouTube red. I rip out Karate Kid 1, 2 and 3 every now and then :D

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I was pretty freakin excited when I heard about this... XD. Karate kid is the bomb.. I only hope it will be available elsewhere too and not just YouTube red. I rip out Karate Kid 1, 2 and 3 every now and then :D
3 really sucked. And his Seiunchin kata is a complete hack job :) And his bunkai of it at the end of the match was so much worse.

1 and 2 were great. I’ve got them on Amazon instant video and watch them at least every few months. 3’s just brutal. Watched it once or twice back in the day. Fortunately, it didn’t kill the first two.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
1 and 2 are good but 3 is poor. The story is good but its like he's forgotten every bit of karate he ever learned and don't even get me started on the last fight

Last edited:

Latest Discussions