New Chi-Sau Article in JAMA

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My Si-dai, Jeff Webb wrote an article on Chi-Sau in the current issue (Volume 18, Number 2, 2009) of Journal of Asian Martial Arts. The article is titled, "Tactile Reflex Development Through Wing Tsun's 'Sticking-Hands' Practice" and is a fairly in-depth technical examination of physiological effects and benefits of Chi-Sau training. A bit heavy reading, but no worse than some of Mook's posts, LOL. Also, it has some good picture sequences of different basic Chi-Sau drills. If you can get ahold of a copy, I'd definitely recommend it. Let me know what you think.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
My Si-dai, Jeff Webb wrote an article on Chi-Sau in the current issue (Volume 18, Number 2, 2009) of Journal of Asian Martial Arts. The article is titled, "Tactile Reflex Development Through Wing Tsun's 'Sticking-Hands' Practice" and is a fairly in-depth technical examination of physiological effects and benefits of Chi-Sau training. A bit heavy reading, but no worse than some of Mook's posts, LOL. Also, it has some good picture sequences of different basic Chi-Sau drills. If you can get ahold of a copy, I'd definitely recommend it. Let me know what you think.

Is that an American publication Geezer ?
I wouldn't mind having a read of that , but I don't think we get that mag in my country.
Is there somewhere you can read it on the internet?

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey Geezer,

That's awesome! Ill be sure to check that issue out.

Mook, yea its an American publication but I'm almost 100% positive you can get it air mailed to the UK via subscription, costs a lot more however.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mook, yea its an American publication but I'm almost 100% positive you can get it air mailed to the UK via subscription, costs a lot more however.

Thats great Tensei , but it wont help me much mate , seeing that I live in Australia lol . :uhyeah:

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thats great Tensei , but it wont help me much mate , seeing that I live in Australia lol . :uhyeah:

You'll have to hopefully accept my apologies on that one Mook, I really don't know why at the time of the post I had you pegged for living in the UK. :eek:

Well I'm walking away now in embarrassment. lol

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
so you confused britain with britain's prison colony, it happens all the time.

(i kid, i kid! don't chain punch me...)

jf

graychuan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
A series of very informative articles are also available here in pdf format for free. They are written by a Sifu Joy Chaudhuri of Augusten Fong lineage. Joy has studied WC since 1976! :ultracool

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

jf

Lol.

Ah, its all the same over that way anyways right? Just kidding! Actually I think I just had one to many shots at the time of the post,(it was a holiday after all) remember electronics & thinking don't go well with drinking. For all the kids that are reading this post don't drink & drive either.

TinTin_57

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Just in case there is anyone UK based that is looking for this mag you can get it at Borders if you have one near you.

harlan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The journal is also available as an online subscription. Cuts down on paper and mailing costs! :)

zepedawingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score

Is this issue currently on the newstands or is it waiting to be released?

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score

jf

Hey Jarrod , guess where Britain used to send their convicts to before they started sending them to Australia ?

Thats it buddy AMERICA , we could be related brother , both descended from some poor bastard who got transported for stealing a loaf of bread . :boing2:

matsu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
tensei.....perhaps it was his accent that confused ya??

and on topics of colonies,,,, seriously has anyone read
"1421 the year china discovered the world"
what an amazing read...
china discoverd oz 400 years b4 cook got there and he used stolen chinese maps to do it and still got scupperd on the barrier reef!
and peruvian indians dont understand each others local dialects but all understand chinese..... ok enough useless info

matsu

zepedawingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score

I found the magazine and read the article. Very in-depth as you stated. I enjoyed it, and it goes into a lot of detail for the Wing Chun student.