new beginnings

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Due to the nature of how life was going for me I knew I needed a change in things to keep myself in the right frame of mind. I have now moved to Norfolk in the UK It's about time I get away from London where I've lived for the last 30 years but I've been travelling around trying to find the right frame of mind but I've decided I need a fresh start with a new home and career. I'm also having a break from martial arts. I just feel I need to focus on myself and not hide away from issues through the training.

The truth is I've been suffering since my wife was killed. I may be in a better place but I'm not where I should be health wise. I've been trying to stay ahead but it gets harder and harder. My training helps but I feel good when I train then when I'm finished I end up feeling worse. My kids live no where near me because they've got lives of their own. It's time I stop living in the past. I need a clean break.

Fact is I'm not in my 20s anymore I can't push my body to extremes to keep my mental health in check it's not a smart choice
I'm also probably not going to be on this site as much. I have been struggling for a while with issues and it's probably time I sorted them first.

Thank you guys

Last edited:

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Due to the nature of how life was going for me I knew I needed a change in things to keep myself in the right frame of mind. I have now moved to Norfolk in the UK It's about time I get away from London where I've lived for the last 30 years but I've been travelling around trying to find the right frame of mind but I've decided I need a fresh start with a new home and career. I'm also having a break from martial arts. I just feel I need to focus on myself and not hide away from issues through the training.

The truth is I've been suffering since my wife was killed. I may be in a better place but I'm not where I should be health wise. I've been trying to stay ahead but it gets harder and harder. My training helps but I feel good when I train then when I'm finished I end up feeling worse. My kids live no where near me because they've got lives of their own. It's time I stop living in the past. I need a clean break.

Fact is I'm not in my 20s anymore I can't push my body to extremes to keep my mental health in check it's not a smart choice
I'm also probably not going to be on this site as much. I have been struggling for a while with issues and it's probably time I sorted them first.

Thank you guys

I can relate, somewhat.
My first wife died due to epilepsy. For me, i felt life had become surreal, empty and hollow. it took 11 years before life resumed, and it still hurts from time to time.

i also had a number of breaks where i wasnt training anything.

it will get better. and you are not alone... it may feel that way... but you have people here who care bro.

we will be here for you when you need community.
you have a place here when you want to come back.

but for sure, work on sorting it out, but know atleast, i am rooting for you. and I am certain that i am not the only one here, in your corner, while you're going through this.

I believe in you.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Thank you guys
I mean this in the most genuine way I can; I will be praying for you. It shows strength that you are willing to try something different to help deal with tragedy. I hope you have a good circle of friends and classmates that help carry the burden. It is never my first go to but there is never harm in finding a professional that you feel comfortable talking to. I appreciate you willingness to share with the forum. When you can, keep us in the loop.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope that the move helps you recover, and things work out for you in Norfolk. Feel free to post on here if you ever need support, I'm sure you'll get some people able to help out however.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Be strong and be well my friend. Take care of you.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
HH

Ah wow I had no idea about your struggles mate and your wife... Thanks so much for sharing that it probably wasn't easy... but it shows such strength and openness to not only share that, but to be willing to admit that things have been hard and that you are wanting it be finally resolved is massive.

I know I've used things over the years to avoid issues, but in the end I just got tired of running and wanted to be done with it. That's a great idea taking a break and having a fresh start. Some people for sure use training as an avoidance, but then some find it really helpful as a way of moving forward and processing things. Up to you which suits you best.

Have always enjoyed your posts, please know I'm think of ya mate, and that you've got a great community of support here on MT if you need it. You're always welcome here and you're never alone. And am always here for a chat too. Be patient with yourself, and most of all be kind to yourself.

Love and light bro [emoji106]

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good luck on the next stage of your journey - let's hope things look up.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My heart to you, brother. Take good care of yourself first. May Norfolk work out well for you.

Wishing you peace and strength. We'll be here every day, I hope so anyway.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Take care. Sounds like you're working through some pretty heavy stuff! I hope find what you're looking for.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I hope you find what you're looking for, and in that journey you find peace and happiness. Good fortunes brother.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I'm doing good settled in fine. Doing some solo training and fitness work to stay in shape. Not looking for schools yet but may in a few months

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I'm doing good settled in fine. Doing some solo training and fitness work to stay in shape. Not looking for schools yet but may in a few months

Hang in there

I lost my wife and I know how it feels, she to was killed, Hold on to the good and hold that tight.

I hope all works out for you and don't be a stranger round here even if it just to vent or be around friends.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That is great news. Keep your head up and let us know how you are doing.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thank you guys
Man I don't know what to say to that, except I hope you find some peace.

Latest Discussions