donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Its good to know what your interested in. What specifically about kung fu interests you?

Personally I like xingyiquan, uses low stances and high kicks and usually tge forms are done fast so it takes a lot of effort.

Tai chi chuan is another good style.I like that see style as well. Nice calm relaxing forms (often done as slow as possible) every morning I wake up and practice 5 wu xing. A lot of people will tell you tai chi chuan is good for health.

If your interested in weapons kung fu has s wide variety of weapons depending on what style you choose. My favorite one is the xingyiquan niuweidao.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
The edit button is being weird, basically what I tried to say was you can take boxing now since it is close to you, and then later on when you have the means to find a kung fu dojo then do that.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Baguazhang, Chen Taijiquan, Xingyiquan, Daito ryu aikijujutsu, some escrima.
My wife does sanda.
Nice. Every few months or so I spar with some people at a Sanda School in Marietta. Are there schools that teach those fighting systems close to where you live?
Finding a decent Kung Fu school is really difficult and they are usually miles apart.

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Nice. Every few months or so I spar with some people at a Sanda School in Marietta. Are there schools that teach those fighting systems close to where you live?
Finding a decent Kung Fu school is really difficult and they are usually miles apart.
I teach Baguazhang, Xingyiquan, and Chen Taijiquan. I do practice Daito ryu aikijujutsu and escrima but not qualified to teach them just practice them and who ever wants to practice with me. Xingyiquan is my weakest area as I am not to found of It. I practice in Alexander park. Chinese martial arts of Loganville

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I teach Baguazhang, Xingyiquan, and Chen Taijiquan. I do practice Daito ryu aikijujutsu and escrima but not qualified to teach them just practice them and who ever wants to practice with me. Xingyiquan is my weakest area as I am not to found of It. I practice in Alexander park. Chinese martial arts of Loganville
I thought about Xingyiquan. What is it that you don't really like about it?

Latest Discussions