New Aikido invented for self-defence by Ljubomir Vračarević

moonhill99

Brown Belt
Reaction score
There is new Aikido style invented mainly for self-defence. Bit more aggressive and more striking than mainstream Aikido or most Aikido out there these days.

It was developed by Ljubomir Vračarević, a self-defence instructor from Serbia. It is a mixture of aikido, judo and Japanese jujutsu but a much more simplified version of all three and bit more aggressive and more striking.

They have schools all over Europe and have spread to Canada and Australia. Also it is starting to spread to the US and two states in US where they have schools one of them in Florida.

I really interested in aikido, judo and Japanese jujutsu.Very much so into harder and rougher fighting styles.

I would like to know how how effective this new aikido style?

Internet source and information about it.

Sanja Vra arevi On Serbia s Martial Real Aikido Her Admiration For BJJ Bjj Eastern Europe

Home

New Aikido in action

It looks very good.

This is kinda of thing I'm after.

How good is this new Aikido? It looks very good and bit flashy.:eek::eek::eek:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ok i just watched the first video because I am running out of internet. But a demo done hard with flash is not an indication that a technique will work any better than any other technique.

so i would ask what makes them more street than any other akido?

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I would like to know how how effective this new aikido style?
What can I ask would be the measure its effectiveness for you?

I would suggest you go try it out for your self.. if you like it then you will practice and train the specific things you are looking for from it and so you will make it effective for your purposes. If you try it and do not like it then what does it matter who says it is "effective" or not.. And if you never try it you will only have hearsay of others to to on.. Just go try it.. you are the best judge for you.

I can only say generally that Aikido like most arts can be tailored tuned and adapted in such a way that it can become almost what ever you need it to be.. Jx

OP
moonhill99

moonhill99

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Ok i just watched the first video because I am running out of internet. But a demo done hard with flash is not an indication that a technique will work any better than any other technique.

so i would ask what makes them more street than any other akido?

You have to understand Aikido is soft art, the point of Aikido is to get guy on ground with little force than needed. It is for self-defence not combat or a fight. You do not strike,put in lock or submission on ground. You back away when person is on the ground.

Hapkido and some Japanese Ju Jitsu was design to kill the person and was design for war.

Where Aikido was for self-defence. Now there some forms of Aikido that put in bit more striking and rougher fighting like Aiki-jūjutsu.

Aikido was design for love and peace using the person energy and movement against them. It was not design for striking or getting the person on ground and put person in choke hold,lock,submission or striking.

I think what Ljubomir Vračarević thinks is Aikido should be bit more aggressive.

OP
moonhill99

moonhill99

Brown Belt
Reaction score
What can I ask would be the measure its effectiveness for you?

I would suggest you go try it out for your self.. if you like it then you will practice and train the specific things you are looking for from it and so you will make it effective for your purposes. If you try it and do not like it then what does it matter who says it is "effective" or not.. And if you never try it you will only have hearsay of others to to on.. Just go try it.. you are the best judge for you.

I can only say generally that Aikido like most arts can be tailored tuned and adapted in such a way that it can become almost what ever you need it to be.. Jx

I don't know of any Aiki-jūjutsu or this new Aikido schools in Florida.

I think I will like Aiki-jūjutsu, Japanese Ju Jitsu or other forms of Aikido than the mainstream Aikido that is less aggressive.

Read my other thread in the Beginners Corner section of this forum.I'm having hard time finding schools in Florida.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aikido was design for love and peace using the person energy and movement against them.

To be honest I've never heard that, I've been to several seminars where Aikido was one of the martial arts there and there was absolutely no 'love and peace' going on rather very efficient techniques which hurt like anything.

You back away when person is on the ground.

Again I've not seen that, they seem to back away when they've dropped the person on the floor unconscious lol otherwise they seem to have interesting ways to hold people on the ground...that hurt too. Perhaps I've just come across more active Aikidoka but I don't think they need to be more aggressive, from what I've seen over the years they do the job very nicely thank you and 'ouch'!

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Interesting demos but I did notice a few where the person doing the technique was moving into position for the throw even before the attacker had started his movement. ( 8 sec in vid 1 for example)
Am I wrong in assuming that this combination of Judo, Aikido, and Japanese jujutsu is what he is calling pure Aikido? Why not call not what it is a combination art?
Out of Curiosity what ranks did he have in these arts and from what organizations before he made up his own art?

Mephisto

Black Belt
Reaction score
Where Aikido was for self-defence. Now there some forms of Aikido that put in bit more striking and rougher fighting like Aiki-jūjutsu.
Not sure if this is a typo, but you've got it backwards Aiki jujutsu precedes aikido. The demo is cool but as has been mentioned you can't really assess effectiveness of a style based on a compliant demo. There's nothing to suggest this is any better than any other form of aikido. It does look a little less stylized like we commonly see with aikido. The problem I see with this style or any combative style is the training method prevents you from training techniques at full speed against a resisting opponent. This is due to the aggressive nature of the joint locks. These systems are a good way to top off a martial artists skillset but a solid foundation based on resistance training makes for a good base.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I don't know of any Aiki-jūjutsu or this new Aikido schools in Florida.

I think I will like Aiki-jūjutsu, Japanese Ju Jitsu or other forms of Aikido than the mainstream Aikido that is less aggressive.

Read my other thread in the Beginners Corner section of this forum.I'm having hard time finding schools in Florida.

Googlefu

Aikido in Florida

Fort Lauderdale
Hollywood
Tampa
Orlando
Tallahassee
Cape Coral

Aikijutsu in Florida

Sunrise

Jujutsu Florida

Boca Raton
Pinellas Park
Largo
Sarasota
Haileah
Orlando
Brandon

Spinedoc

Brown Belt
Reaction score
You have to understand Aikido is soft art, the point of Aikido is to get guy on ground with little force than needed. It is for self-defence not combat or a fight. You do not strike,put in lock or submission on ground. You back away when person is on the ground.

Hapkido and some Japanese Ju Jitsu was design to kill the person and was design for war.

Aikido was design for love and peace using the person energy and movement against them. It was not design for striking or getting the person on ground and put person in choke hold,lock,submission or striking.

I think what Ljubomir Vračarević thinks is Aikido should be bit more aggressive.

This shows that you don't know much about Aikido. Aikido is derived directly from Daito Ryu. There are a lot of strikes, or atemi in Aikido. Ueshiba Morihei once stated that 70% of his Aikido was Atemi. We use them more to unbalance someone, or keep them off balance than as a primary technique, but many techniques have some more of Atemi. All jujutsu techniques were designed for battle...hence the "jutsu" designation.

We also have pins, or submissions that we routinely practice once the person is on the ground, etc.

Also, Daito Ryu jujutsu, or later aiki jujutsu, forms the foundation of Aikido. The reason that you use their energy against them is that you always assume multiple attackers. Wasting energy when you may be involved in a long encounter is dangerous.

Lastly, every form of japanese jujutsu I've seen, and perhaps others can correct me, but they were all designed primarily as defensive arts. The thought being that in feudal Japan, to attack someone without a weapon was considered to be an absolutely crazy, lunatic idea. Chances are, they had a weapon. Open hand combat was only reserved for defensive situations when you lost your weapon.

I wouldn't put much stock in their demo videos.

Respectfully,

Mike

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Read your other post.. some good information for you I think.. what art or arts are you currently practicing can I ask? Jx

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not sure if this is a typo, but you've got it backwards Aiki jujutsu precedes aikido. The demo is cool but as has been mentioned you can't really assess effectiveness of a style based on a compliant demo. There's nothing to suggest this is any better than any other form of aikido. It does look a little less stylized like we commonly see with aikido. The problem I see with this style or any combative style is the training method prevents you from training techniques at full speed against a resisting opponent. This is due to the aggressive nature of the joint locks. These systems are a good way to top off a martial artists skillset but a solid foundation based on resistance training makes for a good base.

There is some aki jitsu trained what looks like legitimately live. Which i cant find because I am still low on internet.

hussaf

Green Belt
Reaction score
There is nothing new or inventive about that. It's a demo of compliant partners. Aikido has always incorporated concepts from judo and jujitsu.

The technique is a little sloppy and rushed at times, sh'te is loosing his center of gravity by rushing and getting in too much of a rhythm.

Ueshiba said aikido is mostly striking.

Ueshiba said he couldn't demonstrate pure aikido to the emperor because someone would be killed.

There is aiki judo in Lehigh and West Palm Springs FL.

slink

White Belt
Reaction score
Interesting demos but I did notice a few where the person doing the technique was moving into position for the throw even before the attacker had started his movement. ( 8 sec in vid 1 for example)
Am I wrong in assuming that this combination of Judo, Aikido, and Japanese jujutsu is what he is calling pure Aikido? Why not call not what it is a combination art?
Out of Curiosity what ranks did he have in these arts and from what organizations before he made up his own art?
If you can tell that someone is about to attack there's nothing inherently wrong with moving into position early. It isn't hard to find examples of Saito Sensei and other big names in Aikido advocating that kind of thing.

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually I just want to say that Hapkido was developed in peace time after WWII though the Korean war was an event that happened during Hapkido's history I haven't really read any mention of that war having an impact on the system. To my mind it is solidly in the civil defense arts category.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Aikido always looks great in demos. I wish someone would take Aikido and use it in a MMA/NHB format. That would be a joy to see.

Drose427

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Aikido always looks great in demos. I wish someone would take Aikido and use it in a MMA/NHB format. That would be a joy to see.

Well odds are folks would just call it something else...like the fans who can't tell the difference between karate and MT kicks

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well odds are folks would just call it something else...like the fans who can't tell the difference between karate and MT kicks

I disagree. No one has a problem giving credit to Ronda Rousey's Judo.

Besides, Aikido is pretty distinct from other grappling styles.

Drose427

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I disagree. No one has a problem giving credit to Ronda Rousey's Judo.

Besides, Aikido is pretty distinct from other grappling styles.

Because Judo is considered a "hard and practical" art in MMA. In the "Karate vs Muay Thai kicks, fan confusion" example, Judo is the Muay thai. People are going to attribute aikido in the cage as Judo simply because it's what they know and think highly of.

Fans already do it with striking, they'd do the same thing with grappling

Latest Discussions