Never Kiss during a staredown!

Laborn

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Omg, LOLOLLOLLOLOLO. That was so funny lol. He was being a little prick and kissed him and then got knocked to the ground LMAO. Man i bet he was so embarrassed, lol he deserved that hit, but wow...if that's all it takes to knock him out jeez, mr glass jaw.

KenpoEMT

Brown Belt
Reaction score
OMG, that's funny!!!!
:rofl: :lol2: :lol2: :kiss: :lol2: :lol2: :rofl:

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
LOL...thats kinda funny...I mean I personally wouldn't do anything like that, but it may be worth it for the laughs...I did do it to my brother once...and it did psych him out

X

Xibalba

Wow...very funny!

However, for all of you saying that the resulting punch shouldn't have been enough to knock someone out: it is usually the brain sloshing around and hitting the inside of the skull that causes a KO, isn't it? And quick, sharp strikes that cause someone's head to rock are most likely to cause that, aren't they? And given that the recipient in this case was most likely not expecting to get hit, I am sure he was very relaxed and not ready at all to defend against a strike - hence his neck was relaxed and wobbly, and a sharp cross to the chin could cause the kind of head snap that would send the brain ramming into the inside of the skull...so he was KO'ed.

Finally, regarding the allegations that the kiss could possibly be seen as sexual assault - I have to agree (I have some amount of knowledge about this subject, as my wife and I are both social workers, and she is currently the director of a sexual assault counseling program). The intent of an event like the one we just saw was for both fighters to pummel each other. Both fighters go into it knowing and consenting to this. However, no one expects or consents to be groped or fondled (other than the usual, non-sexual groping that would happen in an MMA ground match) or kissed when they get into the ring at an event like this. Given the obvious non-consensual nature of the kiss, one could define it as a sexual assault.

Just my $00.02.

Peace,
Mike

SAVAGE

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Fluffy said:
You kidding? I would have smacked him to! Glass jaw!

Maybe you should have kissed him as well:lol: !

I think that he just got hit on the sweet spot!

*bows respectfully*

OP
Fluffy

Fluffy

Black Belt
Reaction score
SAVAGE said:
Maybe you should have kissed him as well:lol: !

I think that he just got hit on the sweet spot!

*bows respectfully*

Prob correct............

Maltair

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Well, I judging from the responses here, I guess I have a unique perspective.

If I were that guy, I would have looked at him like he was a moron, and then just fought him.

*shrug* At least I can make a mental note of what to do If I wanna entice anyone to swing at me... cuz if the majority reaction here means anything in the real world...
I have to agree with Technopunk. The stare down is for phys warfare before the physical combat. If you want to say the kiss was sexual assalt, then the punch was as well. He wasn't expecting to get hit before the fight started. There are rules about punching before the fight. No rules (as far as I know) about kissing.

The kiss technique worked out in the end, it was designed to rattle the opp, right. Well the homophope was so rattled he ended up disqualifing himself and the guy that got knocked out won the bout. I don't think he deserved to be punched, but he did deserve the win.

He should have been expecting a swing, esp after the look the guy gave him when he got kissed. Classic. "He kissed me like a homosexual. I'm not gay"

We've done monkey lines where the theme is any grab. I once reached around and grabbed my instructors butt, he moved like a stiff yellow belt for that one :) He was not expecting that one at all. He talked about it latter that class and we had a discussion about it. The class concluded that the level of threat that I had shown, had not warented the response that he gave me. In other words, if we are at court and I have a broken knee, ruptured testicle and eye gouged out becuase I reached around and grabbed somebody's butt. Who would win the court case? We dicided that somekind of lock or body minipulation would have been better then strikes.

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Honestly, I can't imagine a different reaction. However my reasons aren't about homophobia. More like.. Who do you think you are? Was that the kiss of death? A kiss goodbye? Screw all that, here's one in the jaw, kissyface.

Technopunk said:
Well, I judging from the responses here, I guess I have a unique perspective.

If I were that guy, I would have looked at him like he was a moron, and then just fought him.

*shrug* At least I can make a mental note of what to do If I wanna entice anyone to swing at me... cuz if the majority reaction here means anything in the real world...

Nanalo74

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Shaolinwind said:
Honestly, I can't imagine a different reaction. However my reasons aren't about homophobia. More like.. Who do you think you are? Was that the kiss of death? A kiss goodbye? Screw all that, here's one in the jaw, kissyface.

LOL! KISSYFACE!

Vic
www.combatartsusa.com

Jagermeister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It seems to me like an implied "I'm going to treat you like my b****", which is pretty disrespectful. I don't think it was a homophobic response, just a human one. Even if they were both gay (it takes a little imagination to picture a MMA fight like that, I know), I could still see how one of them might react similarly, b/c it's not about sexual orientation, at least not as I see it.

Either way, it was friggin hilarious. Anybody know what the official result was?

SAVAGE

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I am neither a homophobe...or a homosexual..but I would have grabbed him and kissed him properly..tounge and all!

Kenpo_man

Orange Belt
Reaction score
hongkongfooey said:
Hey the korean guy wasn't a fighter, but a lover. Kind of makes you think what may have happened if he had the chance to take the other guys back. Scary thought.

LOL. I think the lover deserved to get laid out. You're in an event with some of the most macho men in existence. BAD idea. I don't even think the guy knew he was swinging until it was too late. Priceless!

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
SAVAGE said:
I am neither a homophobe...or a homosexual..but I would have grabbed him and kissed him properly..tounge and all!

That might've shocked him right then and there to where you'd get a real good shot at him, if he wasn't homosexual.

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Not only did he deserve it, he should have damn well expected it. You think fighters are the touchy feely turn the other cheek kind of people?

That guy kissed him to piss him off - it has nothing to do with homophobia - he was counting on it pissing him off.

Well it did.

Good shot.

Latest Discussions