Never Kiss during a staredown!

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
why the heck would you kiss a guy in that particular position?!
glad he got hit. he wont do it again!

kenpo0324

Purple Belt
Reaction score
That was Great, But that didn't look like a full out shot.

OP
Fluffy

Fluffy

Black Belt
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Well, are you homophobic?

I was, then my brother came out of the closet.......tends to change your view a bit. His partner is my kids godfather.........I still don't approve of the lifestyle, but there are things even Master Fluffy can't control.

-Fluff

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
jdinca said:
His own statements as they were attending to the sleeping one told me that he's probably a little homophobic. Even if he wasn't, given the testosterone and andrenaline flowing before the opening bell, he probably would've clocked the guy.

I watched it at the office, we dont have speakers... so I couldnt hear what was being said.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, I judging from the responses here, I guess I have a unique perspective.

If I were that guy, I would have looked at him like he was a moron, and then just fought him.

*shrug* At least I can make a mental note of what to do If I wanna entice anyone to swing at me... cuz if the majority reaction here means anything in the real world...

green meanie

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Oh lord, that's just too funny.

Reminds me, back when I was wrestling in high school we had a guy on our team who knew he was going to have a very tough match that night. About halfway into the match our guy was getting pinned. Knowing he had no way out he decided to be creative... he kissed the guy on the cheek. Freaked the other guy out badly and he was off him in a hurry. Our guy still lost the match but at least he didn't get pinned. ;)

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Reminds of the story from the 1964 Olympics, where one of the judoka was in a pin (kami shiho gatame) and the guy on the bottom licked his stomach to get out. It worked, or so the story goes...

Mark L

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Homophobia is irrelevant, that could be interpreted as a sexual assault. Imagine if a guy did that to a woman during a sporting event.

I was grappling with a guy at the dojo once, this guy owns me. There is nothing I can do to prevent him from kicking my ***. Once, when he had me essentially immobilized in a side mount, I told him he smelled pretty. He lost all muscle control due to laughter, I flipped and tapped him with an arm bar. Only time I've beaten him.

OP
Fluffy

Fluffy

Black Belt
Reaction score
Mark L said:
Homophobia is irrelevant, that could be interpreted as a sexual assault. Imagine if a guy did that to a woman during a sporting event.

I was grappling with a guy at the dojo once, this guy owns me. There is nothing I can do to prevent him from kicking my ***. Once, when he had me essentially immobilized in a side mount, I told him he smelled pretty. He lost all muscle control due to laughter, I flipped and tapped him with an arm bar. Only time I've beaten him.

You smell pretty! lol I'm going to use that!

-Fluff

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mark L said:
Homophobia is irrelevant, that could be interpreted as a sexual assault.

Thats an interesting point too... but Ive seen a lot of behavior like that, at least in training...

once I was turning my opponents head, and to be nice, I had my hand cupped loosley over his mouth as opposed to crushing his nose and eyes, and he licked my hand to make me let go! I had a girl at my old hapkido school when we were practicing grappling or bear hugs stroke my butt to supprise me and make me let go...

So I just interperet that stuff as "psychological combat" but I can see where someone else might not... especially if its not somthing they have had exposure to.

swiftpete

Blue Belt
Reaction score
i saw a lennie mclean fight (on internet, not for real!) where the other guy tried something similar before the fight started. Well sort of similar, he headbutted him. Not a totally different end result though, the other guy was unconscious very soon afterwards.

With this video here, that would be the most embarrassing thing that could happen in a NHB fight, taunting, then getting KO'd by the first weak looking punch with all your family and friends watching.. How would you live it down?!

Cujo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Very funny! And yes, I would have drilled the guy, I'm there to fight not make out.

Pax
Cujo

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Being homophobic has nothing to do with it- the other guy might not even be gay. I think it was done just to tick the other guy off.

hongkongfooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey the korean guy wasn't a fighter, but a lover. Kind of makes you think what may have happened if he had the chance to take the other guys back. Scary thought.

Devin

White Belt
Reaction score
The kiss was inappropriate, but the kissed guy over reacted.

OP
Fluffy

Fluffy

Black Belt
Reaction score
Devin said:
The kiss was inappropriate, but the kissed guy over reacted.

Maybe he should have waited, but would I.........don't know........someone kiss me and let's find out!

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
When you get into the ring you have to expect anything. Did Evander Holyfield deserve to have his ear bitten off? I think this guy should have held back and gave him his bneating during the fight not during the referee instructions.

In the spirit of bushido!

Rob