Neil Hall

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't know him but @Tez3 I am very sorry to hear that, and hope you're okay... very sad indeed.

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know him but @Tez3 I am very sorry to hear that, and hope you're okay... very sad indeed.

Many of us are trying to get our heads around his death. So many tributes pouring in, he would have been surprised perhaps by how many lives he'd touched, a kind man.

If people watch the UFC, they would have seen him there reffing.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Only a few years older than me. Man, that's very sad. Sorry to hear this news and hope his family and friends are doing okay. Sounds like it was a complete surprise.

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only a few years older than me. Man, that's very sad. Sorry to hear this news and hope his family and friends are doing okay. Sounds like it was a complete surprise.

He went into hospital for a back operation, then it was discovered after he was home that he had an infection so went back into hospital where he contracted Covid and died from pneumonia caused by it. It's a terrible way to go.
None of us can go to the funeral because the country is in lockdown. His wife is lovely and his son Dan is also a martial artist. They are strong Yorkshire people but I imagine they are gutted.

Neil was a great instructor and referee, he's do anything for anyone and he was there for all his students and friends. He was such a kind, honourable man. He had a Yorkshire sense of humour and was never in a bad mood with anyone though he'd tell you straight if something was wrong. As they say here, he was a reet good un.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
He went into hospital for a back operation, then it was discovered after he was home that he had an infection so went back into hospital where he contracted Covid and died from pneumonia caused by it. It's a terrible way to go.
None of us can go to the funeral because the country is in lockdown. His wife is lovely and his son Dan is also a martial artist. They are strong Yorkshire people but I imagine they are gutted.

Neil was a great instructor and referee, he's do anything for anyone and he was there for all his students and friends. He was such a kind, honourable man. He had a Yorkshire sense of humour and was never in a bad mood with anyone though he'd tell you straight if something was wrong. As they say here, he was a reet good un.
Sounds like he will be sorely missed by many.