Nei Jia in WNY?

Kythkyn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any schools or teachers of Nei Jia arts in WNY? I am interested in Ba Gua Zhang and Xingyi Quan for the most part, as they seem to be pretty well known, though I'd love to learn Liuhe Bafa. At any rate, if anyone knows of any such schools, please point me in the direction. Thanks.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Doesn't ring a bell to me, but you might check with Bob Gott at Red Dragon in the McKinley Mall.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sorry but the closest I can get to you in NY for Xingyi/Bagua is really not all that close. And I know absolutely nothing about this school.

B.C. Hill Bey
Ba-Gua Zhang Research & Boxing Association
204 S. Wilbur Ave, Syracuse NY 13204
Phone 315.863.2507
E-mail [email protected] or [email protected]
Styles Various styles of Baguazhang, specializing in Cheng Style

As for Liu He Ba Fa.... Real Liu He Ba Fa..... that is just plain rare everywhere. There are schools in California but I do not know of any on the East coast of the US.

The Wu family (Taiji) is in Toronto that is a bit closer

http://www.wustyle.com/en/index.html

International Wu Style Tai Chi Chuan Federation,
76 Stafford Street, 3rd floor, Unit 300,
Toronto, On
M6J 2S1
Canada

Not Neijia but you also have Systema (main headquarters) in Toronto as well.
http://www.russianmartialart.com/

OP
Kythkyn

Kythkyn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Well, thanks. I am too far away from Orchard Park to attend that school regularly. I figured that Liuhe Bafa was pretty much a no go anywhere. There are Taiji places, but for the most part they seem to be "Tai Chi in the Park", old people yoga. It is unfortunate that there aren't any Nei Jia schools close. I figured here'd be the best place to ask though. Again, thanks anyway. As for Toronto, I have thought about moving there, so thanks for the info there as well. I'll look into the Wu Taiji info.

OP
Kythkyn

Kythkyn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Well, seeing as it's been almost a year, I was hoping maybe someone had some information or perhaps some leads? Anything at all would be most appreciated!

OP
Kythkyn

Kythkyn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
So.., I know it is a futile effort at this point, but... Bump.

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score
-Have you thought about looking for something different? Might not hurt to ask around at your local martial art supplies store. Some teachers simply do not advertise openly.

Andrew

Latest Discussions