Nei Jia

Kythkyn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I posted this on the WNY forum over a year ago, I'll try here now as well:

Does anyone know of any schools or teachers of Nei Jia arts in WNY? I am interested in Ba Gua Zhang and Xingyi Quan for the most part, as they seem to be pretty well known, though I'd love to learn Liuhe Bafa. At any rate, if anyone knows of any such schools, please point me in the direction. Thanks.

EDIT:I would also like to learn Taiji, though I have had little success there due to lack of interest in the teachers part. I know the Daoist Society offers Taiji and to some extent Liuhe Bafa, but the school isn't the right fit for me, as they neglect the Martial aspect.

Xinglu

Black Belt
Reaction score
If you mean WNY as in the city: Have you looked into to Shifu Rudy Curry Jr.? I think he teaches out of Hollis.

Otherwise, here is a list of people (scroll down to New York) who might have a good answer for you.

OP
Kythkyn

Kythkyn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Yes, Western New York.

I shouldn't've gotten my hopes up, I suppose, but when I saw someone answered yesterday, I was really hoping that there was some new information. Oh well.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I did some webfu and found a couple of schools in Buffalo that claim to teach Taijiquan. As for Xingyiquan and Baguazhang those can be hard to find and real Liu He Ba Fa is hard to locate just about anywhere.

You do have the Wu family based just across the boarder in Canada as well

Sifu Ken of 8 Tigers

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
You do have the Wu family based just across the boarder in Canada as well

Actually, the Wu family has a school in Buffalo, represented by Sifu Jim Roche last time I checked. However, I do not think they are in the phone book, so you will have to call Toronto for his contact info.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Sifu Ken of 8 Tigers

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
OP
Kythkyn

Kythkyn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for the information. I'll check through the Wu style site.