Need help...

Drunken_Boxer

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hi everbody, I really dont know what to do.We got a new tournament in Sarajevo (Im from bosnian),I got a yellow belt,my first tournament was in 14.03.2007 I think...nah with no good results,lol by the way.I had a fight with a guy in categorie 76 kg,he had a black belt 2dan i think,now he are in China or Korea dont know,world tournament.When I got that balton chagi kick,I was like "damn this guy could kick the breathe outta him,his legs are too strong" i had no chance against him,so my Trainer throw the rag and I lost,I wasnt angry at all...it just happened,a yellow belt fighter against a 2dan fighter...and plus he are accepted in that world tournament in china or korea,dont know where it is located,need to ask my master.
However...the next tournament is in Sarajevo,should I go or not?Im not a good fighter,It was a nice experience to fight with that guy in Prijedor,the 2dan guy,yeah it was really, but a friend of mine who study too taekwondo said to me "Dont be scared man,ya should go to" i was like "Damn its my own business,Im not that good,money aint that problem,the problem is me,im not good at all".
When Im ready than I can say "Master,when will be the next tournament?"
So guys,should I go or not?
I dont know...really,than my friend would be dissapointed or watch me like that im not a student no more if I dont go in Sarajevo...
Im in categorie 76kg,damn i need to fight with monsters lol...

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tournaments are a great learning tool... Don't be so afraid to spar the other competitors- use what you have learned in class. Ask your instructor to help you improve in areas that need work, and build on your strong areas. Size isn't always everything in tournaments, either.

If you decide to not go this time, work on increasing your weight and strength, as well as your skill. Remember- talk with your instructor about your concerns! He'll know what needs work, sometimes (or often) he'll know that better than you.

cubankenpo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi Bro
First, dont b afraid
Belts are important but not determinant, u have to create a plan of fight with your instructor who is the person that know u, and he knows your weak and strong points, It gonna b a great experience, and maybe b easy
Good luck
Joe

tkd_Jaz

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hi everbody, I really dont know what to do.We got a new tournament in Sarajevo (Im from bosnian),I got a yellow belt,my first tournament was in 14.03.2007 I think...nah with no good results,lol by the way.I had a fight with a guy in categorie 76 kg,he had a black belt 2dan i think,now he are in China or Korea dont know,world tournament.When I got that balton chagi kick,I was like "damn this guy could kick the breathe outta him,his legs are too strong" i had no chance against him,so my Trainer throw the rag and I lost,I wasnt angry at all...it just happened,a yellow belt fighter against a 2dan fighter...and plus he are accepted in that world tournament in china or korea,dont know where it is located,need to ask my master.
However...the next tournament is in Sarajevo,should I go or not?Im not a good fighter,It was a nice experience to fight with that guy in Prijedor,the 2dan guy,yeah it was really, but a friend of mine who study too taekwondo said to me "Dont be scared man,ya should go to" i was like "Damn its my own business,Im not that good,money aint that problem,the problem is me,im not good at all".
When Im ready than I can say "Master,when will be the next tournament?"
So guys,should I go or not?
I dont know...really,than my friend would be dissapointed or watch me like that im not a student no more if I dont go in Sarajevo...
Im in categorie 76kg,damn i need to fight with monsters lol...
Hey Welcome to MT, and guess what?? I'm bosnian too!! I think that you should go just because you have nothing to lose if you go. You'll gain more experience and I'm sure that if you don't go later on you might regret not going. Good Luck

tkd_jen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Being a black belt doesn't mean that they earned it for their sparring skills, they may not be great at sparring just because they are a black belt (take me for example, started sparring very late in color belt ranks).

Experience is a valuable tool and the only way you get it is to go to tournaments, seminars, etc. Go for it, you often learn more in defeat than you do by winning. Although winning is more fun!! :)

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As Nike said so well Just Do It, really the experience will help you in the long run.

tkd_Jaz

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Being a black belt doesn't mean that they earned it for their sparring skills, they may not be great at sparring just because they are a black belt (take me for example, started sparring very late in color belt ranks).

Experience is a valuable tool and the only way you get it is to go to tournaments, seminars, etc. Go for it, you often learn more in defeat than you do by winning. Although winning is more fun!! :)
I totally agree. In my very first tournament I fought a purple belt and a blackbelt afterwards. I was a green belt back then. I lost the matches but I gained a lot more. Plus many blackbelts know or should know how to controll themselves, they might not take it easy on you but I don't think that they will try to knock you out or anything.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT!

I agree with the group-go to the tournament, you will meet new people, possibly some training partners. I think competition is usually a very healthy experience for most people.

Good Luck!

Miles

OP
Drunken_Boxer

Drunken_Boxer

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Thank you very much guys for those nice advices, I appreciate that.
But I dont go this week in Sarajevo :) When Im ready i go, I aint that guy, the next tournament we have in uuf i think 2 or 3 months, when Im ready I decide, how i said i was in a tournament last 2 months and i lost lol...it was a great expierence to fight with him...but, he was better, pritty much better.
H/w thank you guys :)

Latest Discussions