Hey Wade Sir!!

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
We had a thread awhile back that included talking about some tournament coming up in Kansas City. Some sort of team trials or something? Did you ever find anything else about it? I would love to check it out if I could.

Thank you sir!!

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
B. Provide a brief summary outlining how an athlete is selected as a
nominee to the Team (include maximum team size).​
The 2007 SWUG Team Trials (double-elimination) will be held April 27, 2007 to
determine the 2007 Summer World University Games Taekwondo team nominees.
The winner of each weight division at the 2007 SWUG Team Trial that is on the
Summer World University Games program will be the team nominee. Competitors
who win a sparring medal (1​
st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd) at the 2007 NCTA Collegiate National
Championships, 2006 U.S. Collegiate Team members and 2005 SWUG Team
members qualify for the 2007 SWUG Team Trials in the same weight division in
which they earned a sparring medal or were on a team.
Also qualifying at the 2007 NCTA Collegiate National Championships will be high
school seniors who have been accepted into an accredited 2- or 4-year college or
university. The high school seniors will be competing in divisions separate from the
collegiate championships. Only the winner from the high school division will qualify
for the 2007 SWUG Team Trials.
All athletes must compete in the same weight division in which they qualified for the
2007 SWUG Team Trials.

C. Tryout Events:
1. Provide the event names, dates and location of all trials, events and/or
camps to be used as part of the selection process.​
a. NCTA National Championships & 2007 High School
Qualifying Event (March 30-31, 2007 College Station,
Texas).
b. 2007 SWUG Team Trial (April 27, 2007 Kansas City, MO).​

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
Now see, this is why we need people like the "mango.man"! I'm really good at looking good and profiling but when it comes to actually doing something, well, uh, like I said, this is why we need people like Mr. Mango. Mango, very good response. Lauren, I will be in KC on Sat and Sun unless something changes. Please do not send your poor little hurt girl (like mango did) with her arm in a sling to talk to me unless she has money to buy me a drink. She does not need to be present during drinking of said drink because I can do that very well on my own. I'm looking forward to seeing you.

OP
Laurentkd

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Now see, this is why we need people like the "mango.man"! I'm really good at looking good and profiling but when it comes to actually doing something, well, uh, like I said, this is why we need people like Mr. Mango. Mango, very good response. Lauren, I will be in KC on Sat and Sun unless something changes. Please do not send your poor little hurt girl (like mango did) with her arm in a sling to talk to me unless she has money to buy me a drink. She does not need to be present during drinking of said drink because I can do that very well on my own. I'm looking forward to seeing you.

haha! Well, thanks to both of you for your responses. It is late and maybe I don't read so good, but do either of you have an actual location besides "KC" (it's kind of a big place, at least to us mid-westerners)? I would love to come check it out! And a chance to met you and whoever else is there(???) would be great!

OP
Laurentkd

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi Lauren,

Just curious if you made it to this event and if you did, what did you think?

OP
Laurentkd

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi Lauren,

Just curious if you made it to this event and if you did, what did you think?

I didn't make it out on Saturday (we had a belt testing). But I did go on Sunday for a couple hours. I thought it seemed like a good tournament. All the organization seemed great and the judging seemed consistent. Having the score on projector screens was nice because you could see it from any where on that side of the arena. Like I said I only saw Sunday, but I was suprised at the number of competitors, I thought there would be more. I am sure Saturday was a larger turn out though, since that was when the kids were competing. My mom was downtown on Saturday and said it seemed like there were little TKD kids everywhere.
Overall, I am really glad I went. I was especially excited because I was able to buy the DVD of the 2004 Olympics, which I hadn't been able to find before. And watching young adult Black Belts fight is always worthy my time!

Hopefully I'll have some kids from my team go next year. Right now we are all getting excited for the AAU tournament in St. Loius next weekend. The is the first out of schol tournament for most of them, so it will be an "experience" for sure!

Anyone else see the KC tournament?

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
The USAT always run the smallest divisions on the last day because when we are done we still have to get everything ready to ship out for the next event before we are done for the day.

Lauren, if you were there why didn't you come by and say hi? You never write, you never call, sniff, sniff...............................:rtfm:

OP
Laurentkd

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
the USAT always run the smallest divisions on the last day because when we are done we still have to get everything ready to ship out for the next event before we are done for the day.
That makes sense

Lauren, if you were there why didn't you come by and say hi? You never write, you never call, sniff, sniff...............................

And how exactly was I supposed to find you? Guess I could have run into the middle of a ring and yelled "WAAAAAAAAADDDDEEEE!"
:)

Where were you hanging out? Maybe I saw you and just didn't know it....

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
:) Lauren, thanks, I needed that. I can see you screaming that and me looking at you wondering what you are yelling about.

I apologize, I thought you knew that when I worked an event I always (so far) have worked the awards area. I think that they think that is the area that I am least likely to mess up in.

So, go to the awards area, look for the fat biker dude all dressed in black with a blank look on his face and a cup of coffee in his hand and there is a good (48%) chance that it will be me. If the security people won't let you in, lord knows I do need my protection, have them send some one over to me and as soon as I can pry my fat, uh, I mean have time I will come over and get you in.

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
:) Lauren, thanks, I needed that. I can see you screaming that and me looking at you wondering what you are yelling about.

I apologize, I thought you knew that when I worked an event I always (so far) have worked the awards area. I think that they think that is the area that I am least likely to mess up in.

So, go to the awards area, look for the fat biker dude all dressed in black with a blank look on his face and a cup of coffee in his hand and there is a good (48%) chance that it will be me. If the security people won't let you in, lord knows I do need my protection, have them send some one over to me and as soon as I can pry my fat, uh, I mean have time I will come over and get you in.

Wade,

Your posts always manage to give me a good laugh... or at least a hearty chuckle...

Thanks for that, Brother!

PBWY & Amituofo!

Your Brother,

Andrew

OP
Laurentkd

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Haha!!
ok, next time for SURE!!!