i was playing for the most part..

final score was 9-3 and i went on to win this tournament after

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
K

Kingtkd

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Oh yea and im also looking for another studio possibly.
a rather serious competitive minded one.
Im located in Pasadena California and willing to commute to la
or somewhere close with in reason

Last edited:

taekwondodo

Green Belt
Reaction score
Oh yea and im also looking for another studio possibly.
a rather serious competitive minded one.
Im located in Pasadena California and willing to commute to la
or somewhere close with in reason
You might want to visit Kings Taekwondo in Chatworth. The school runs by the USAT National Team member, Louis Reyes and his brother. The Reyes brothers are pretty good. They also a member of the Progression Team that is all over the US.

If you are into Sport Poomsae, they have a great team too, runs by Akiko Reyes. She is a World Silver Medalist and very great fighter too.

Here is their website: kingstaekwondo.com
They are also has a Facebook site too.

OP
K

Kingtkd

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
good looking fight, why do you need to change schools?

the school im at not is very
kid'ish not sure if thats a word
but its not very serious
the whole month the master
pured all his effort
into a little kid demo team
and negelcted everyone else..
also note in that match i
had no coach my master didnt come
till my second fight...
so that kinda got me upset...

that school in chatsworth ive been debating on making the commute
its 40 minutes away only thing stopping me is not having a car.
otherwise id be there to beat up stepfon everyday lol

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
....remember i didnt even take this match seriously
i was playing for the most part..

final score was 9-3 and i went on to win this tournament after
Welcome to the board and good luck in finding a new school.

The only thing I can say is that you need to first change your mindset. Every time you step on the mat to compete you need to take it serious. That is if you want to be any good. You do not know who is across from you and if you don't take it seriously you will for one not improve, and two you will get hurt. Just because you won means nothing and if you did not take it serious and still won then you got lucky to have someone across from you just not that good.

Also never make any excusses for your performance, just learn from them and get better.

Again, good luck in your search for a new school.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
K

Kingtkd

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to the board and good luck in finding a new school.

The only thing I can say is that you need to first change your mindset. Every time you step on the mat to compete you need to take it serious. That is if you want to be any good. You do not know who is across from you and if you don't take it seriously you will for one not improve, and two you will get hurt. Just because you won means nothing and if you did not take it serious and still won then you got lucky to have someone across from you just not that good.

Also never make any excusses for your performance, just learn from them and get better.

Again, good luck in your search for a new school.

noted thanks for the feedback

Raistlin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Have you brought any of these concerns to your instructor? If not, I would recommend expressing your concerns to him in a respectful way some time after class when you can be alone. I am sure your instructor has his reasons for what you are viewing as neglect. Don't be too eager to abandon your instructor over a couple of negative experiences. I see in the video you wear a red belt. That would indicate to me that you have been training there at least 3 years. That is a lot of time for you to invest in a school and a lot of time for an instructor to invest in you. Loyalty in the traditional martial arts is very important. If you have been getting quality instruction in the past (your instructor must be doing something right for you to win that tournament) then I think you owe it to him to let him know how you are feeling. I am sure that if you bring your concern to him in a respectful and tactful way, you will be happy with the outcome.

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi KingTKD. Welcome to MT. I would like to echo the suggestion from Gorilla. If you are looking for a training environment for competitive Sport TKD than you should consider Team-X in North Hollywood.

We (Yes, I am part of Team-X) offer only training is Sport TKD, if that is your goal. We do not waste your time with Poomse, Self Defense and other stuff. We are a 100% Competition TKD team.

Our head coach is Tim Thackrey, a 7 time US National Team Member, Pan Am Gold Medalist and World Bronze Medalist. And if it is possible to top that, we recently joined forces with Joseph Salim who is now our assistant coach Joseph is a 3 time Olympian.

We are located in North Hollywood. We train on Tuesday, Thursday & Friday from 7PM - 9PM and Saturday from Noon to whenever we get sick of it, but always at least 2 hours.

I see you have checked out our facebook page and joined the group, so you should have some idea of what our team members have done in the past year or so with regards to our competition record.

If you would like to check us out, please send an e-mail to sporttkd @ gmail . com and I will see to it that it gets to the right people to answer any questions you might have.

One thing though, which has already been pointed out to you. We don't go to competition to play around or not really try. And we don't go to practice to play around or not try. This team puts out 100% effort in everything that we do. If you are not fully committed to giving 100% in everything and you can't show up for practice every day, than you are probably not a good fit for us. If you are, than you should come on by sometime and check us out.

As a side note, I work in Pasadena. Sorry I don't live there. But I would be willing to give you a ride to practice, if you are unable to get there on your own, during weeknights. You would have to find your own way home though. Our school is located just 2 blocks from the Metro Red Line Station so you could take the Red Line to Union Station and the Gold Line back to Pasadena as an option.

Good luck to you in whatever you choose to do.

Charles

OP
K

Kingtkd

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Awesome i will defintely check yall out.
thanks for the info.
i take everything very seriously
just that particular match,
I kinda got discouraged
because my master wasnt there.

Latest Discussions